Chapter 23

Two hours later and Harry is stuck sobbing in his bed. He's turned on his side, rubbing his tight belly in ceaseless circles. His contractions are right on top of each other and he can't do anything but groan and cry thru them at this point. He feels the babies move down closer and closer and the pain is agonizing. His belly has NEVER hurt worse than it does now.

Louis is completely distraught, crying right along with Harry at each pain. He HATES seeing Harry like this and feels so guilty for putting him in this position.

"L-Lou..get the...get the doctor, PLEASE.." Harry whines, pinching his nose.

"What why, love?"

Harry lifts off the bed with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because Lou! I need to push, NOW. PLEASE. HE'S COMING NOW. Ohhhhhhhhhh......OHHHHH..."

And he's screaming so loud that Louis wants to cover his ears but instead, presses the doctor's button at least a hundred times.

Dr. Malik comes running and upon seeing Harry's face, she smiles.

"Time to push. Okay Louis, hold his legs back for me and Harry when the next contraction comes, bear down and push as if you're going to the loo, ok?"

Harry blushes but nods. Not even ten seconds later, he moans and Louis sees his belly tense up painfully tight underneath his gown.

Louis desperately wants to massage the pain away but he has a new job now. Harry tucks his chin and pushes, face nearly turning purple.

"Alright, and breath. Good job, Harry. Feel the progress?"

Harry nods, it's extremely painful, even worse than the contractions, feeling his son work his way out.

"Ohhhhh....I need to push again...."

"Go ahead sweetheart."

He pushes again and feels the baby make a big, painful movement forward.

"Nearly have the head out, dear. Take a breath."

"I gotta go again..."

"Alright, sweetie"

He pushes and feels the baby slip down impossibly lower. His stomach rolls with the pain.

"I feel sick..."

"It's ok, work thru it, H. Push for me, and we'll see the head."

He bears down and his heart burst as he hears a tiny cry.

"Louis, the head is out, would you like to see?"

Louis runs over and nearly pukes at all the blood but his son is looking up at him and he looks JUST. LIKE. HIM. He has the same nose and facial features. Harry groans again from above and Louis snaps back into position.

"Here come the shoulders love. Gonna burn a bit, alright? I need small little pushes to help me free him, ok?" Harry nods, gripping the hospital bed.

A contraction rolls over his heaving belly and he's desperate to push hard but Dr. Malik prompts him to push small. He does and his lower half stings like nothing he's ever felt before. But then he feels the baby free himself and a big cry.

"Congrats! Baby boy is here! Name?"

"Zayn." Dr. Malik looks at Harry a bit teary.

"Thank you." She says.

"Ok. Looks like he's right at... 7 lbs 8 oz. Wow H, that's HUGE for a twin."

Harry tries to enjoy the moment but his belly is still being rocked with contractions. He groans a bit not wanting to cause a fuss as Louis takes hold of the baby.