Chapter 10

Louis is crazy. He's crazy because he's going over to Harry's house to tell him how he feels. He likes Harry a lot, may even love him and he's tired of wasting time moping about it.

Harry might have his reasons for not wanting to be with Louis but that doesn't mean Louis isn't going to fight for him. He likes a challenge and maybe that's why Harry intrigues him so much.

He pulls into Harry's flat, sighing in relief when he sees Zayn isn't home. He has no problem with the guy but he'd really like to do this alone. Plus, he doesn't want anyone seeing him if he gets shot down.

He's confident until he walks up to the front door. His heart speeds up and his hands start to sweat. He timidly knocks on the door and when no one responds, he gets a bit more confidence and knocks louder. He waits a moment and nearly jumps in glee when he hears the lock turn.

A head of messy curls opens the door and Louis can tell he's woken Harry but that's not what has him staring wide eyed at the boy. Because poking out from the boys pajama top is a round belly. And it's not the kind you get from drinking. Louis recognizes a belly like this. He's seen his mum with it four different times.

Harry's pregnant.

--

"Y-yeah, ehm. Yeah I am."

"Is it-shit. Is it mine?"

Harry frantically looks around for a way to get out of this and as he hears Louis ask that question, he realizes his way.

"Ehm...no. It isn't."

Louis heart drops. He's seeing someone else.

"How far along?"

"Five months."

Louis quickly counts back in his head.

"Harry, that's-that's when WE were together."

He points between the two of them and Harry shakes his head nervously.

"Ehm, I guess but I was with someone else too."

This is, of course, complete bullshit but he's not going to do this to Louis. He's got too far to go in his life to be tied down to Harry.

"Harry, you-you slept with someone while I was taking you out on all those dates?"

"Y-yeah. I-I told you. I don't do relationships."

"Harry.."

Louis eyes fill with tears and Harry wants so badly to reach out and grab him but he can't. He's doing this FOR him.

"Are you with this guy?"

"Who?"

"The father, Harry! Are you with the father of your baby?"

"Babies, actually. And no.."

"Babies?! Twins?!? Shit....I-wow. Is this why you broke up with me? Oh Harry..Harry. I really, really like you and I don't care if these babies aren't mine, I want to be with you and I want to raise these babies with you. I can't stop thinking about you and I want you back. I know two months isn't a long time with someone, Curly but I felt something different with you. Something clicked. Please..just give me a chance..."

And Harry would love to, in theory it would be amazing but he knows that Louis would end up regretting giving up his football career one day and in turn, would resent his family for it. And Harry can't have that. He'd much rather do this on his own and only hurt his own heart and not his children or Louis'.

"Louis, no. That's-it's-that's not something I want and if you thought about it-really thought about it, it's not something you want either. You're young, Lou. You've got a whole life ahead of you. A whole football career and you don't need children holding you back from that. Go live your life, Louis. Enjoy it. I'd really like it if you'd leave...I've got a headache and I need to lie down."

And Louis can tell, he can just tell that's not what Harry truly wants but at this point he's done all he could do. He's just-he's done.

"Ok, Harry. But just know-I'm not leaving because I want to. It's because you're pushing me away."

Harry's eyes fill with tears and Louis' sure his match but he slams the door behind him anyway.

--

"He said he wanted to raise the babies with you?!"

"Well yeah, but-"

Harry's been crying on his pregnancy pillow for hours now. Zayn bought it as a joke a few weeks back but he's actually really glad he did because his back has started to feel the strain from his growing belly.

Dr. Malik was right-lying down is uncomfortable.

Anyway, of course he called Zayn when Louis left.

"Harry, you should've told him! You had the perfect opportunity."

"No, Zayn. I told you. I'm doing this on my own. Louis is not ready. You were with him on spring break and I saw him with that girl."

"You're just looking for reasons to push him away!"

"No I'm not! It's the truth."

"You're driving me crazy, Hazza."

"Whatever. I've gotta go. I need sleep."

"See you soon, tell the babies Uncle Zayn loves them."

Harry rubs his belly with a smile. He can't wait until he can feel the babies move. He's felt weird flutters in his belly but he isn't sure if it's the babies movements or gas.

Pregnancy is gross, sometimes.

--

"He's pregnant?"

"Not just pregnant, Liam. Pregnant with TWINS. I-I thought they were mine."

Louis is devastated to say the least. Sure, he was freaked out at first when he saw Harry and his definite signs of pregnancy but he found himself not caring about that at all when he looked in Harry's eyes. He was ready to drop everything and raise a family with the curly headed boy.

But Harry sent him the first blow with the children not being his and the second, with him not wanting him there at all. It hurts so badly. Louis' been lying in his bed since his talk with the boy and Liam finally came looking for him.

"Well, I mean-isn't it good that they aren't? I mean-you and Harry aren't together and you're going places with your football career and-"

"No, Liam. It isn't. I don't care about football. I wanted to raise those babies with Harry, mine or not. But-he just, he keeps pushing me away and I KNOW, I know that's not what he wants. I don't know what to do."

"Louis, I hate to be harsh but you need to do what I've told you from the beginning, you need to move on."

But Louis can't.