Chapter 41

"Harry, are you sure? I think we might need to cancel tonight. I don't want you going into labor when we aren't home.."

"Louis, my body could take AGES to prepare for labor. Days, weeks maybe. I'm not missing Zayn's party because I'm having simple Braxton Hicks and some nausea."

"If you're sure...I'm not leaving your side today though."

Harry rolls his eyes. He believes him. Louis has been practically attached to him since he took off work last week.

It's driving Harry crazy if he's honest.

He LOVES Louis being home but what he DOESN'T love is Louis standing beside him while he pees, nearly tripping up fifteen stairs to get to Harry in the hallway in fear he might fall, and him forcing him to drink so much water he feels more bloated than before.

"I'm FINE, Lou. Can we just watch a movie or something? I'm uncomfortable and I'd just like to relax."

"Of course!! Up or downstairs?"

"Downstairs. I'd like to lie on the couch and all the good movies are down there."

"Only Disney movies are down there, Haz."

"Exactly."

Louis helps Harry waddle down the stairs slowly and he collapses with a heavy sigh onto the couch.

"Would you like some breakfast?"

"Yeah, think you can manage not burning the house down?"

"HARRY! Have you forgotten I took a cooking class?"

"That was over two years ago, Boo."

"I watch the cooking channel. Leave me alone. Now pick a movie and get comfy."

Louis goes to the kitchen and Harry turns the TV on deciding on Netflix instead of a DVD. He's halfway thru the Romance section when he gets a small pain in his belly. He hisses and puts a hand to the top of it. He feels it grow rock hard and he groans a bit. It's not terrible pain but it's enough to make him uncomfortable. He rubs the top of his belly, groaning quietly as to not alert Louis, and leans back.

"Harry! Do you want scrambled eggs?" Harry exhales deeply.

"Y-yeah. Please..."

He leans over, hugging his belly and the pain dissipates.

He doesn't panic. He's had those types of pains for a few days, maybe a bit less intense but he IS nearly 40 weeks. Even if he is in labor that was his first real pain and so he knows it'll be ages. He's determined to go to Zayn's tonight. He just can't allow Louis to catch on that he's in pain.

"Alright smarty pants. Try THIS."

Louis walks out with scrambled eggs and a cinnamon bun with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"You got this from Cinnabon."

"SHUT UP STYLES."

"It's TOMLINSON."

Louis smiles, he still can't get used to that. He probably never will.

The more Harry eats, the more nauseous he feels. He puts his plate down halfway thru his cinnamon bun and only 1/4 of his eggs gone.

Louis frowns.

"Not good?"

"Feeling a bit sick to my stomach." He breathes out, eyes furrowed and a hand rubbing across his belly.

Louis' frown deepens.

"Are you ok?"

He nods.