Chapter4

Dubby's POV

I was shook when I saw this photo of dad that show the memory of them. What the actual hell happened 16 years ago?

Flashback

"Dad, I need to go get some juice for tonight dinner.We are running out of it." I said to dad as he is cooking dinner.

"Okay, go and get my card it would be in my wallet. Be back quick. It's already late." Dad said.

"Dad, stop it. I'm already 16. I will be perfectly fine." I said and got into his room.

Where is his wallet? Ah, maybe it will be on the bedside table. I walked towards it and found it. Easy. I open it and see something I never expected.

The picture which might be from a long time with the caption "Love of my life". I tried to look closer and I can clearly tell that one of them is my dad. And the other is.......

Zayn!! As in Zayn Malik!!

What the bloody hell? Dad and Zayn got into relationships? No. No maybe they are just best friends since diapers. But no it said love of my life.

Harry's POV

"Dubby!" I yelled but no answer. What is it with this girl? What's taking her so long? Maybe I should go and check on her.

"Dubby?" I called out for her again. Then again no answer.

I open my bedroom door and find her beside my bed holding something in her hands. I go closer to her and ask, "Dubby, are you okay?"

She turns around with shocked eyes and paled face. "Dad, what is this?" she said holding up the photo of Zayn and me when we were at his house celebrating his birthday.

"Dubby, it's...." Before I end,

"Dad, who is he? Why did you write "Love of my life"?" she said. I tried to cover it but now I can't. And also I think it's time for her to know all the things I have been covering for last 16 years.

"Dubby, remember when I told you that you came out of my tummy." as I said she nodded her head and let me continue. "I first met him at the bakery. You know where Barbara Granny works. Then we fell in love not long after he proposed to me and I moved into his house. He bought a home at the countryside for us. He was really awesome and I can tell you that we have loved each other a lot. But one thing I can't get over is his importance in work and his image." I think to myself about the things he did to me. And whether I should tell her or not. Then I said, "He did one thing wrong and that is what I can't forgive him for so I left our house. I didn't know that you were in my tummy. If I did, I would have stayed there for you."

"About 3 months later, I started to feel dizzy and nauseous. I thought I might have caught some flu so I let it be but it became worse when it comes to 5th month. Then, your grandma took me to the hospital and there the doctor told me that was 5 months pregnant."

"I couldn't believe myself that I had been pregnant. But your grandma did, the doctor explained the reason and soon I came to believe when I heard your heartbeat. So, he helped me and as you thought, Zayn is your Dad." I said and now she is a more frustrating situation.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't give you a perfect family. I didn't want him to hurt you like he did to me. I'm sorry and I thought you should at least know who your father is." I said.

"No, no dad, you are the best daddy I could ever wish for. I don't want anyone else in my life. You give me everything that I need." She said and I held her in my arms. I know this would be hurt for her. All of a sudden, she found out about her dad who she just met. But I won't let him hurt her like he did to me.

Dubby's POV

I just saw their picture and now they are my dads. Unbelievable. Life is sometimes unpredictable. When I first saw Zayn or should I call him Dad, I knew we were  connected. I felt something that connected us. But I just let it slide because he is the type of style that I admired him most and I got all the magazines and books about him. I though I felt that way just because I idolise him. I never thought that he would be my dad. Ugh, things are getting out of hand.

But for some reason, not that I didn't hate him. But that doesn't mean I don't understand what my dad is feeling. But still he is my dad and I have been waiting for my entire life to get a perfect family.

When Zayn said he wanted to talk to Dad, I saw some sincerity in his eyes. Maybe we need to hear him out, too. Maybe I think dad needs to give him one last chance. That's not only for him but for my dad, all these years he has been hurting a lot. He didn't show it to me but he is in pain. But I know, Only Zayn can make him smile again.

"Daddy, can we at least invite him over dinner for tomorrow. I wanted to know a little bit more about him." I said.

Harry's POV

I feel bad when she said she wanted to get to know more about him. I absolutely understand her. She just want to get close with her dad.

"Okay, call him that I got a plan." I said. She came running to me and hugged me.

"Thanks, daddy. I will protect you if he tries to hurt you again." She said.

"How are you gonna protect me when you are only kid, babe?" I said knowing she doesn't like to be called a kid.

"Dad, I'm not a kid. And I am capable of protecting you." she said with a pout.

"Oh my baby, I'm touched'."I said and hugged her tightly.

She just pouted and got loose of my hand and got my phone to call Zayn.