001

CHAPTER ONE:

CHAPTER ONE:

stiles and marcie were walking into the school and checked their phones.

"nothing from scott or kira." marcie said letting out a sigh.

"and nothing from lydia either." stiles said.

stiles stood with his back faced to marcie and she could tell he seemed off.

marcie walked beside him and she grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together.

"babe, what's wrong?" marcie asked him.

"nothing, it's just my anxiety." stiles told her but she could tell he was lying.

"stiles, why's this thing so important to you?" marcie asked him.

"it's not. it's not. it's uh... i don't know. maybe it is." stiles said licking his lips.

"would you mind explaining it to me?" marcie asked him.

"i asked my dad the other day about his high school friends. guess how many he still talks to? none. not a single one. you know, these were his best friends and he just says he lost touch with them, you know. so i started thinking about things, like i always do." stiles said.

"obsessively." marcie said as their eyes locked.

"yeah. and so i'm thinking, what if... what if scott's my best friend now you know, but he's not my best friend for life?" stiles said.

"babe, sometimes that just happens." marcie told him.

"yeah, but only because we let it happen. you know, that's what i'm saying. how come when we graduate we're just expected to go our separate ways? if i've already found the best people in my life, why aren't i not trying to stay with them, you know?" stiles said.

"isn't that the plan. you know, the dream?" marcie asked.

"the vision. and don't mock the vision." stiles said.

"i... i love the vision." marcie said wrapping her arms around his torso.

"especially if i'm part of it. so that's why you wanted everyone here tonight. because you don't want to lose all your friends after senior year." marcie said as stiles nodded.

"and i hope they don't want to lose me either." stiles said.

marcie smiled at him and cupped his cheeks, pulling his face closer to hers and kissing him.