017

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

scott walked into school and he heard an announcement that their was a police curfew.

he saw some deputy's walking through the halls with shot guns.

"you don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" he heard stiles tell a deputy as scott walked over to him.

"your dad's the one that issued us these things, and he wouldn't officially say why." the deputy said.

"did he say anything unofficially?" scott asked.

"no. but everyone's got a theory." the deputy said.

"what's yours?" stiles asked.

"i shouldn't be talking to you guys. don't you have a class?" the deputy asked.

"come on, strauss. what's your theory?" stiles asked him.

"do you guys believe in the supernatural?" the deputy asked them as scott and stiles looked at each other.

-

after many many tries, marcie was getting tired of trying to break free.

"mom, please. tell me how you did it." marcie said.

"you have to find your own way." alice replied.

"why can't you tell me yours?" marcie asked.

"because, my way got people hurt. some days it was calm for me. others days it was chaos. all i could sense was death. people dying." alice explained.

"what people?" marcie asked as she looked up into her eyes.

"everyone. everywhere. years ago, i was at chemistry class when it happened. i had my hands clenched. the teacher was trying to figure out what was wrong. i took my hands and dug my fingernails into them, until i couldn't take it anymore and i just let go." alice began.

"what happened?" marcie asked.

"all of the windows shattered. i saw kids with glass in their arms, in their faces. some of them had blood coming out of their ears. they said it was an explosion... caused by chemicals. but everyone knew it was me. find a better way, marcie. my magic is like a bomb going off. yours needs to be a bullet." alice said as she nodded.

marcie froze in her spot when she heard the sound of a gun loading.

"did you hear that?" marcie asked.