022

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:

stiles and marcie were in the jeep on their way to the sheriff's station.

they both had a free period so it wasn't like they had to miss class.

stiles could tell marcie was quiet after the conversation they had in the library. he hated when she was mad at him.

"marcie, i almost lost you." stiles said making her look up at him.

"stiles, i'm okay." marcie told him.

"i know, but, you almost died. i-i was terrified that your eyes were never gonna open again. the looks on scott and deaton's faces... i can't go through something like that again." stiles said making marcie grab his hand, holding it in hers.

"i know you wanna keep me safe, but who's gonna be there to make sure you're safe? you've almost died too, stiles. one time it was even because of me. i understand the feeling and i don't think i wanna feel that way again either." marcie told him as he nodded.

"okay, i'm sorry i didn't let you come with us last night. i never thought about it like that." stiles said.

"please, don't apologize. if the tables were reversed and you were being experimented on in eichen, i'd be pretty overprotective, too." marcie said.

"i'm gonna come over tonight, okay?" stiles said as she nodded.

"okay, sure." marcie replied.

"harry told me you've been whimpering in your sleep and i wanna make sure you feel safe." stiles said making marcie look at him with loving eyes.

"i love you more than you'll ever know, stiles." marcie said before kissing him.

-

stiles and marcie were trying to convince his dad to cancel to the charity game.

"stiles, i'm- i'm not so sure i actually have that authority." his dad said as stiles opened the door for his dad and marcie.

"you're the county sheriff. you can't cancel a high school lacrosse game?" stiles said.

"it's a charity game which generates tens of thousands of dollars. i'd have to go to the school board with evidence of a credible threat." noah said.

"pretty sure this qualifies." marcie said.

"a giant werewolf might rampage across the field killing people. that's an incredible threat." stiles argued.