024

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:

stiles, marcie and lydia were at the sheriffs station. lydia and marcie were talking to stiles' dad and they all turned when stiles walked in.

"nothing from scott and liam." he said closing the door behind him.

"are we really sure this is a good idea?" lydia asked.

"uh, no. no one thinks this is a good idea." stiles replied.

"but you're trusting theo, anyway?" noah asked.

"oh, no ones trusting him." marcie said.

"we're not trusting him. we're using him." stiles said before placing his hand on the small of her back.

"and what if he's using us?" lydia asked.

"okay, well, that's probably a given. but, look, we're just trying to cover every place mason could show up. malia and braeden are at scott's house." stiles began.

"melissa and harry got the hospital." stiles' father said.

"hayden and corey are at the school." lydia said.

"somebody's got to find him." noah said.

"let's hope they find mason, and not the beast." lydia said.

"or whatever there is left of mason. we can't let the beast consume mason's identity." marcie said.

they were all on the phones with someone. stiles was talking to melissa, lydia was talking to harry and marcie was talking to malia.

"anything on your end?" marcie asked her.

"not a thing. and i'm gonna lose my mind if i don't get out of this supernatural cage." malia said.

"the mountain ash is only there to keep you safe." marcie told her.

"i should be keeping stiles safe." malia said.

marcie saw stiles walk into a window and hit his head making her roll her eyes.

"he'll be fine. call me if anything changes." marcie said hanging up.

marcie went over to sit on the couch and soon after stiles came and sat beside her, they looked at each other.

they were both waiting for something to happen, anything to happen.