018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

stiles and scott were at the animal clinic talking to deaton.

"what i'm about to show you isn't supposed to exist." deaton said placing a photo on the table.

"this is the only surviving evidence of dr. valacks time as chief medical officer of eichen house." deaton said as he kept placing more and more photos of horrific ways people died.

"to call it human experimentation would be charitable." deaton said.

scott picked up a picture of someone holding their head and their mouth was hung open.

"a banshee. she died screaming." deaton said putting even more picture on the table.

the more stiles looked at the photos, the more he was worried about marcie.

"so, he drilled holes into their heads? all of them?" stiles asked.

"that was the experimentation part. he did it to werewolves, witches, banshees, wendigos, any creature he could get his hands on. and valack found that trepanation would initially heighten their powers, but to levels that couldn't be contained." deaton told them.

"so he wants to make marcie more powerful." scott said.

"yeah. except she's going to end up like them." stiles said pointing at the pictures.

"worse, actually. marcie's abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. putting a hole in her head will be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. what valack is doing, trying to make her part banshee means she'll hear everything. every death, every dying scream, all at once." deaton said.

"that's going to kill her." scott said.

"not only that... her own dying scream, could be so powerful that it might kill everyone around her as well." deaton said.

stiles was worried out of his mind. marcie was going to die if he didn't get her out of eichen house.

-

the pack was back in scott's kitchen and they were discussing the plan to get marcie out.

"there's four steps. we get into eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get marcie, we get out." stiles said.

"and we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a mountain ash barrier." scott said.

"you have a plan for all of that?" malia asked.

"i stole this last night off an orderly. but it's useless cause they reset the codes each night." stiles said showing the pass.