ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟼

It had been a couple of weeks since Selina had joined our gang, she was fitting in rather nicely. Miss Grimshaw had taken a special liking to her and had her going out to get supplies, she even got a new horse, a nice looking American Standardbred named Rain. A beautiful brown color and I knew it fit Selina well. She had a couple nicknames as well. Most people called her 'green eyes', but Micah, being the asshole he was, chose to call her 'Medusa' for the reason that her gaze was enough to seduce. As for her and I and our relationship with one another, we weren't anything official but a lot of the men in the gang knew that she was on my shoulder right now. Nate had met a beautiful girl in Valentine as well, name is Lauren. She's from Annesburg, New Hanover. Different girl but she's really unique. Got long hair, pretty hazel colored eyes, don't know if they'll last 'cause she was only visiting Valentine but I'm sure they'll run into each other soon enough. Hope everything can work out for the both of us, this gang can't last forever. Selina though, she's been trying some stuff with me. I know she wants me in a way I wanna give to her soon, but it's hard when I don't wanna make everything go sour. I feel like she's just too good for me in that sense. Just wanna keep her happy. Not gonna lie about it though, I have given her a face job or two. She's not a quiet one but she is able to keep herself down a bit. Just like me, she's sucked me off a couple times. Definitely not bad at it, couldn't tell you though what has made me so nervous to take that next step and try to make this work. Just not sure how this would work out.

     It seems like any other day, Selina is off doing some work with Miss Grimshaw and myself and Nate are chopping some wood, taking turns considering there was a lot of it.

"So, you and Sel gone and made a dive in the dark yet? Stead of her being a cocksucker and you being a cunt-licker, yeah, don't act like I wouldn't know 'bout that. Woken up a few times to her and her loud mouth and you and your gruntin' like a pig in the swamps of Bluewater Marsh."
"What's it matter to you, Nate? You ain't gone and done the dive yet with Lauren back in Valentine have you?"
"In fact, I have. Did it 'cause I heard that Cornwall guy that we robbed from was around lookin' for where Dutch is."
"Yeah? You pull that shit out before you go and become John with a kid and stuff."
"I did. Didn't have to worry 'bout no baby yet."
"Alright, well good for you, same for me, exactly why I'd rather be a cunt-licker and her a cocksocker right now than being a no good useless father like John."
"Yeah, guess I understand. You don't think you would be able to pull out though?"

I just rolled my eyes with a slight laugh before swinging the axe over my head and chopping the large log in half. Arthur and John were off working on getting some sheep to sell, Dutch was headed into town for a drink with Leopold Strauss, the man who loaned money to people from us. Arthur usually went to go get those debts, just told us about Thomas Downes, a man who was ill and he unfortunately had a debt to give. Heard he was terribly ill according to his wife, Arthur telling us how he told them about us not being anyone's 'act of charity' which wasn't wrong. I suppose that man will figure something out like half the other's we've given money to. Arthur is pretty intimidating and I'm sure it'll happen at some point.
Well, the commutation began soon after we were done with our final log, Dutch returns with Strauss who looks as though he's been shot. Arthur soon arrived after.
"We can't stay here. We need a new camp, everyone, begin packin' up. We're leaving here real soon. Arthur, Charles, go scout this place Micah told me about. Clemens point, make sure we're good to go down there."

This was insane, thinking we were about to leave. I knew it was bound to happen though. "Fuck, looks like we're gonna have to help everyone out really quick. Get this shit goin' and get us outta here."

Pearson and Miss Grimshaw get everything going and all of us are helping with the heavy lifting. I find Selina wrapping up some stuff before I come and crouch beside her. "Hey, Sel. How's it all goin'?"
"Good, yeah, this is the adventure I was hoping for. Lemoyne seems like a rather fun state. Probably a hell of a lot different from New Hanover." I chuckle a bit as I nod my head.
"Ever been?" She shakes her head in response.
"Yeah, me neither. But it does sound interestin' I suppose. Hopefully it's a good adventure for us."
She grins once more before shaking her head, we had only known one another this last couple weeks and she's just as amazing as I had imagined. Nice to have a sort of 'camp wife', Dutch did say though he was hoping to give Selina her own tent by the next place we moved and that was a little depressing, but I knew she wouldn't be far and would probably come to me or me to her when we were feeling a bit down.

We were on our way to Clemens point now, Sel was in the back while Dutch had me in the front with Nate, this was our biggest job, making sure that nothing was ahead. Selina and Sadie were usually paired together and I had heard that they had both talked about the intercourse they've both had with me.. Sel seemed a bit jealous to know I've slept with Mrs. Adler before. Just because I had really only known her for a short while too. There was just the difference though of respect. It wasn't like I didn't hold respect for Mrs. Adler, I just felt as though Selina was a girl I would court in due time. I've had my bouts with Mrs. Adler but she knew now how I did feel for Ms. Hinton and that I wasn't going to let it go that easily. She was more focused now on saying she was a married woman and I was nothing but a rebound of sorts. Sounded like utter bullshit but I gave up on questioning her about everything with that whole event.
We arrive at Clemens point where Arthur and Charles are and begin putting together the camp. We're told of everything that has happened to the both of them and how Arthur helped with getting a German man back to his family. "Ain't you just the saint, Mr. Morgan, might as well call you Arthur the Angel." I joke with the older man before he rolls his eyes a bit. "Far from an angel, Mr. Sanders but I'll take it anyday over the claim of being evil." He truly did have a heart on him. Considering him an older brother to Nathan and I was the most bittersweet thing we did. He truly was just that, making sure the both of us stayed in line. Nate and I head down to the shore where we look out upon the lake. "Never thought this is where we'd be, Nate. Just never thought 'bout it."
"You're right, Ash. The future does crazy things to us. But, I know you and I are both grateful for the life Dutch has given to us."
"Suppose so. Wouldn't have met Selina though if it wasn't for Arthur."
"Wish he was our real brother..."
"Yeah, me too. You and I, though-- we're brother's. Blood or not."
"Always, Asher, always. You've been with me through all this and I know I'm gonna be there with you till the day we die."
"Hopefully it's not in this gang, as much as I don't wanna admit it. I don't wanna die like this. Wanna be old and gray, off somewhere, back in West Elizabeth."
"I could see that for us... Our kids playin' together. Hopefully it's you and Selina in the end of all things. Whatever happens, just get outta here with her, partner. Get the hell outta here... Start a family, make that life happen."
"I want the same for you... We'll run together. You can go get Lauren outta Annesburg. We'll go back to West Elizabeth. Clear our names. Have a good life. Promise?"
"Promise."
We shook on that, we wanted nothing but the best life for us both and even though we were caught up with Dutch right now. We were doing our best to keep our heads through it all. In the end, that was all that mattered.