ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟻𝟶

Sadie's horse had fled, so she rode on the back of John's. Luka, was nice enough to stay put at the bottom of the hill. It was a tough journey back, thankfully, John was unharmed. Maybe in a sense, I was well aware I didn't have it in me anymore. But, at the same time, I knew I did and I always would. Selina would too, but she had our children to look after which I knew made her soft in a sense and maybe it did me as well. As for Nathan, I didn't know. He seemed like the fire was there, but it was gonna take more than Micah to make him feel it like I did. He wasn't as close to Arthur either, maybe more to Bill or Sean before he died. Arthur liked Nathan, he thought he was gonna go places. I sure hoped he would and with the money we was about to make, I wanted him to go somewhere so he wasn't always in one spot. I felt as though his marriage to Lauren was coming to an end, he deserved something more than being a ranch hand and doing the other things he did do. I'd wanna send him off to Saint Denis, have him become a performer or a barber, or both! Just something, so he wasn't always with us. He was a free spirit and a free man. This was all over now. He deserved it.
We get back to Great Plains and I can feel a surge of excitement within myself, to see my wife, my boys, my other family. Everyone, I wanted them to know we made it. Selina might be a bit disappointed that I didn't come home all unharmed like John, but I did my best with everything I could. Though, I couldn't tell if the excitement was real or if it was my adrenaline still pumping from all the bullets and being cut and shot, if I was--- Still hadn't checked. Pain wasn't as bad as a normal gunshot, which meant it just missed me but still touched the skin. I'd have to check my jacket when we got back to Beecher's Hope. I can see the ranch coming up and I'm coughing a bit as we all look at one another, I can see Nate standing upon the porch, he actually did shave, except for the mustache. Which he kept nice and tightly curled at the ends.

"Abigail, Selina, Uncle, kids! Get out here! They're back!"
We come riding up and I'm quick to hop off of Luka without falling, Selina does look a little worried when she spots me leaning a bit and holding my chest where I was cut. I see the boys running out from the house and down the few steps as quick as their little legs will carry them. I bend myself down as I take them up within my embrace, ignoring the pain I was feeling everywhere else. My face was a little beaten, slight cut on my eyebrow where I already did have a scar. But when it came to my children, I would do almost anything for them.
"Daddy!" They both shout, it had been awhile since they called me that. Last time I recalled Arthur calling me that was when he was about four or five. Andrew when he was four. "My boys... My dear sweet boys." I mutter as I bring them close, Arthur still has the hat upon his head before he places it back on top of mine. "Here's your hat back, pa. You deserve it more right now." I give him a smile before Andrew gently places his hand on my injury on my face. "You're hurt papa... Momma can make you feel better." I didn't doubt she could, Selina is coming up to me now before we embrace rather quickly, she could nearly jump in my arms as she makes my hat fall off my head, which Arthur is quick to pick up. I hiss a bit in pain before she shakes her head. "Not exactly unharmed but you're sure as hell close. At least you got back to us... To me."
"I told you Selina..." I mutter as I place one of my hands upon her cheek, both of our eyes connecting for the moment. "I will always find my way back to you... No matter where the hell I am in the world." She gives me a chuckle before we exchange a kiss, quick to pull away for a moment. "Someone else is a bit excited to see her daddy."
"Her?" I question as I place my hand upon her abdomen to feel the child within moving around for the moment.
"Had that doctor come by here... Said he's got that hunch like he has with the last two. Pregnancy is different... Guess everyone isn't wrong after all."
"A daughter huh? You boys hear that?"
Andrew pouts and so does Arthur. "Still think you guys should give us one more brother." Selina and I laugh before we shake our head. "Perhaps in a year or two, after your sister comes. Know there's a five perfect chance it has to be a boy, still could be... But--- Guess it would only be right that it's a girl." I mutter before I kiss my wife once more.
"Looks like you're the hero after all." Sadie mutters to me before I shake my head to her, I'm leaning over again for the moment, more onto Selina than anything. "All thanks to you, Mrs. Adler." I reach my hand out to shake her hand and instead, we just end up pulling one another into a hug for a moment. "Thank you for everything, once again." She chuckles and gives me a nod. "Let's get ourselves cleaned up... So we ain't look like hell no more."
"Right behind you."