ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺𝟽

The sun sets over Beecher's Hope, Selina is working on getting the boys comfortable and ready for bed and Nathan, Abigail, and Uncle are enjoying some time together, drinking some coffee, wasn't anything too special if I was honest. Nathan wanted to be up a little longer, and Abigail insisted that coffee made her more tired than awake. As for myself, well, I was outside like old times with John, Sadie, and Charles. Talking on how we was gonna leave this place tomorrow and go and find Micah and put an end to all this. I was hoping that he was the end of all things anyway, he deserved death, for everything he did and how he turned everything upside down. I know the end for Arthur was close enough, even if nothing had happened, but in a sense. I did feel like Micah was apart of the death of our beloved friend and brother. We're all smoking cigarettes as Sadie begins to speak. "Well boys, this is it. Tomorrow--- We end all this. We're four of some of the best and legendary gunslingers there is. Gotta just track down one of Micah's gang members. You guys remember Cleet right?" We all nod our heads before she nods as well. "We gonna get him, make him tell us where Micah is at and we're off after him. Heard he was in Strawberry, close to home, I know Asher. But we'll get him killed one way or another." I just take another drag of my cigarette before a slight chuckle passes my lips.
"You say legendary, Sadie? We're legendary gunslingers? We all sure ain't Landon Ricketts."
"We might as well be legendary, plus, it's a good thought to have."
She wasn't wrong, the positivity would be good for all of us. We were a little bit older, we hadn't really been doing things like this either since we left the gang, well, except for Sadie and Charles has been fighting in Saint Denis. But me? John? I had a feeling we really hadn't gone into that pushed back part of ourselves as being outlaws since we left Dutch.
"So, we're leaving in the morning?"
"Yes, but we're gonna eat here first and then spring it on Abigail that we're goin'. Since John can't be a man and tell her anytime soon."
"She'll tell me no, Sadie. You know that."
"You're a grown man, Marston."
"You're also a grown man, Sanders, but I heard 'bout your little spat with Selina and how you didn't feel like you could do this 'cause of her."
"Easy fellers. We ain't here to fight. Marston will handle things as Marston handles them." Sadie was out here still trying to keep the piece and I knew I did need to calm myself too. John wasn't wrong though, I guess in a sense we was on the same level of scared.

"Asher?" I hear Selina's voice coming from the nearby door, I flick my cigarette before adjusting myself.
"Yes, darlin'?"
"The boys want you to come say goodnight to them."
"Alright, you all mind if I turn in?"
"No, we'll see one another in the mornin' think it is 'bout time all of us go off to bed anyway."
"Right, see you then Sadie."

I end up coming inside and into Jack's room where the boys would be sleeping on the ground. Sadly, Selina and I needed to sleep on the floor in the living room. Knew she'd hate it 'cause of her back and the weight of the baby, but she'd deal with it so long as it wasn't forever. Sadie and Charles were sleeping outside in tents so at least everyone had somewhere to lay there had down tonight. "Hello, boys. Papa's here. You guys settlin' in well?"
"Yes pa! We are!" They both say together and Andrew seems super excited. "What did you boys do today with your cousin Jack here?"
"He-He- Showed me his books!" Andrew says happily with a wide smile upon his features.
"He taught me how to brush a horse! Maybe I can brush Luka, Spookey, momma's horse and her baby when we go home!" Arthur states proudly before I give him a smile. "That's great you two... Make sure you say thank you and everythin' before we leave alright? You boys---"
"Wait, pa! Can you... Can you tell us a story before we go to bed? One about Uncle Arthur or Uncle John? Or just anyone? Maybe you and ma?"
I knew this was Arthur's way of asking for more information like he wanted when everything happened with Micah. I sigh deeply before nodding my head, Selina gives me a smile though I know she's a little irritated by Arthur's constant need to know everything, but at the same time, it was gonna be told to him at some point in his life. We knew it was.