ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟿

We're off like bats outta hell, I knew our entire life depending on this, there was no doubt about that, I needed to keep my future safe and secure. Selina was that future, I just couldn't bear to lose her and everything now. I loved her way too much, still was crazy for me to say outloud or even to myself, but I knew it was true. I knew it was. The ride wasn't a long one, we arrive and we needed to come up with a plan. But even I knew Arthur wasn't doing too well anyway, and he was on his way out of this world within the coming days. Looking worse and worse with every single moment.
"Okay--- So, Arthur, you cover myself and Nathan with Asher watching over for you and we'll go in and get 'em."
As much as I wanted to be apart of everything, I knew damn well I was any use to anyone dead and Nate was nice enough to go along with this plan. He knew we'd come if things got hairy. Arthur looks her over kind of offended in that moment. "'Cause you're the better shot I mean."
"That's not what y'mean. I can still fight!"
"I know you can, Arthur, I know---- But do it my way this time honey, it's for the best." She holds the sniper rifle out to Arthur who with a huff, accepts and takes it. Sadie turns to me within a couple seconds.
"He's gonna go up on that lighthouse okay? Just stay near it, make sure no one comes up and ambushes him, alright?"
I just nod my head in an understanding manner. She gives me a pat on my shoulder before she nods her head to Nate and they're off within Van Horn. Arthur makes his way up to the tower in the lighthouse and I choose to hide behind a rock. Waiting for any sign of trouble. Sadie gets in there before two Pinkerton Agents take her down and soon to find Nathan and make him drop his revolver and escort both of them within the little Fence in which they were being held. I shake my head as I look up at Arthur who gives me a nod and is making his way back down so we can begin to shoot our way through the town. He insists I let him go first, in case anything goes wrong.
"If I ain't outta that Fence in two minutes, you come in, Sanders. Ya got it?" He coughs as he's spitting out some blood before looking back up at me with a bit of defeat within his eyes.
"I read ya loud and clear, Mr. Morgan."
The male nearly smiles before turning and heading into the town he takes down everyone and heads within.

Minute 1...

Kid... I ain't got nothin' but love for you like I said at the doctor's.

Then let's go... Why--- Why are we waiting?

Aren't you afraid that your--- Your future kid is going to look at you like you're a monster for this?

I can see it all, Des. I'll do right by you and him. Said that from the very beginning.

Minute 2....

But ya know, you ain't no better than the men here, Asher! You ain't nothin'!

You can't run from this, Ash. You can't!

You truly regret the fact that your life was altered?

I love you, Asher Sanders and I can't wait to be your wife one day.

   That last minute ran out so quick, I could barely blink before I'm running off to the Fence building as well. Arthur is having a hard time with Mr. Milton when I enter, looks about ready to shoot Mr. Morgan before he turns and sees me, quick to strike Arthur when his head so he falls down. He points his gun at me.
"End of the line... Mr. Sanders... Hands where I can see them."
"Don't surrender, Asher! Don't do it!" I can hear Selina, Abigail, Sadie, and Nathan shouting.
"Hands up! You little piece of scum. Or I'll be quick to kill you, right in front of your little gang of friends."
His tunnel of his pistol is right against my skull now, taking a big breath. I slowly bring my hands up, he laughs a bit as he shake his head.
"Don't think I don't know who you are, Mr. Sanders. I did all my research when we posted your bounty. Lost your parents and your home burned to the ground, same with Mr. Miller here. Father was killed trying to help defend. Yet, you two have been nothing but the complete and utter opposite of what you should be to your families. Should be dead. I know that. You--- You're in a relationship with Ms. Hinton here. Made her a bad, bad, girl when she's the daughter of a very rich and educated family in Blackwater--- She's also pregnant by you too. Ain't that unfortunate that a baby who's just like you is going to enter this world--- Or not--- Considering Ms. Hinton's life is gonna be cut short thanks t---"
With no mercy, he gets shot and I look up only to see Abigail standing there with a pistol in her own hands. His head is nearly blown off as Arthur is standing from his spot. Hell of a bruise forming on his head. "Ms. Roberts, how could I doubt you."
She only shakes her head before helping everyone else get untied. Selina is quick to come and run into my embrace. "My sweet Selina. You're okay..." I mutter as I bring her face within my hands just so I can stare within those goddamn green eyes again. But I can see they did end up cutting her face ever so slightly upon her chin. I run my thumb over the cut ever so gently and she cringes a bit before shaking her head with a chuckle. "Don't you worry about me, Asher. They're all gone now."
"They hurt you? The baby?"
She just shakes her head to me before we all are quick to look out the dirty window of the Fence at more men yelling. "United States Army! Come out with your hands up! All of you!"
"The goddamn Army? When does the fun end?" I question before I take notice of the male walking while everyone else has their guns pointed at the door. Fucking Buck.
"Your goddamn ex-man is outside, Sel. With his army... What the fuck we do now?"

I look at Sadie and she has nothing, Nathan, Abigail, nothing. But Arthur... He points to the door.
"We fight, like we've never fought before. All of us... Selina, Sadie, Nate, Abigail, me... And you, Mr. Sanders. We can take 'em if we all just stay focused on the future right now." Arthur coughs before he nods his head to the door once more.
I don't hesitate to walk out with my hands up. "Well, well, well, Mr. Sanders is it? The one who took my girl from me. How's it feel to be on the defeated end of the line now huh?"
"Buck.... Nice to see you again on such joyous occasions. You really did leave a lasting impression on me. 'Cause ya know--- I am a better fuck to your girl than I think you ever were."
A couple of the army men can't help but laugh and the male fucking pulls his revolver on me. "Say that shit again."
"I fucked--- Your girl so good--- Exactly why she's havin' my goddamn baby!"
Without warning, he nails me right in the shoulder and the other five come out and begin shooting, there was no doubt that he didn't think this through, he brought the minimum of army men he could and they were all taken out in less than a couple minutes.
Buck points his revolver at me once more, tries to shoot but it seems to be jammed. "Shit." He mutters. My arm may be bleeding profusely, but I can still dual wield both of my pistols. The male puts his own hands up. "Asher--- Let's just talk about this okay? Come on."
"Ya already shot me you bastard... Now it's time I shoot you... You lose again, Buck Zeke." Without letting him say anything else, I begin laying bullets within him and he falls back off the dock into the water. Nathan rushes up to stop me because he knew I'd continue if I kept on. "Easy, Ash, easy. You're bleeding a hell of a lot. Here." He tears off a piece of his sleeve and places it upon my wound. "He's gone now, Asher. Put pressure on that." I step forward to look down at the dead male within the water. Jaw clenching as I watch him slowly begin to descend down within the watery depths. "Let's... Let's head back." Arthur state's breathlessly. With a nod, we follow.