ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟾

When we arrived back to Clemens point without much commotion for all about a few minutes but then we came to find Pinkertons were waiting for us, they located us after all the noise we had made within Rhodes and with the two families. Wasn't much, they threatened all of us, saying if we don't leave now, we'll be charged and taken into custody for our actions. Though, it doesn't surprise me when he makes contact with Selina that he just shakes his head. He would make sure she was charged with something in the end, even if she was yet to really do anything for the moment. Lenny and Arthur head out to clear out a new campsite for us, called Shady Belle. Apparently it's a mansion owned by the Lemoyne Raiders. With everyone else camping, I had figured Nathan and I hadn't spent much time together since we got here. Might as well go off of a robbery tip Javier had given me not too long ago.

"Hey Nathan."
"Yeah, what's up, partner?"
"Whatta say we go and rob this wealthy homestead Javier told me about a week ago about?"
"Right now? You know Dutch ain't gonna like us stirring up more trouble."
"Ain't no trouble, just in and out, that's it."
"Alright... But if shit goes south, it's your ass man, you know how he feels about everythin' with you and I and the trouble we have caused in the past."

I just shook my head before informing Miss Grimshaw that we were going out. Couldn't tell her everything as I knew she would try to stop us from leaving. She was a bit suspect but allowed us to leave, telling us to ride to Shady Belle if they weren't here when we returned. Selina didn't know either and perhaps this would be the first and only time I would sit there and lie to her. Bringing home money was going to be interesting but if I did want a future with the girl, I would need to try to save up for it the best I could. We take Spookey and Luka out and off to the homestead we go. I was surprised knowing about this place and how easy it seemed to go and rob. Javier seemed confident in all of it which I was grateful for, seeing as I knew just what Nate was talking about with Dutch and how he was going to feel about us going and doing this behind his back after the run in with the Pinkertons and all that. If it was different, we knew Dutch wouldn't mind so long as we were bringing in money.

    Nightfall was coming upon us and we did figure that the gang would be within our new hideout by now. This house was just north of Rhodes. A place we needed to avoid at all costs right now due to everything that has been stirred up there. This place was nice and I knew that Javier probably rode past and knew exactly what needed to happen to it. Nice big manor, not as big as the Braithwaites' but definitely as grand. "Ah shit, Natey boy, we fuckin' hit this jackpot up here."
"Hopefully, brother. Let's hitch the horses on the trees and get on in there."
We did just that, getting within the house with no trouble to start, that was, till the man of the house woke up. Fella pulled a shotgun on us and we took off running with about two hundred and fifty dollars worth of stuff. Most I lost was my hat. Old thing though, didn't matter much to me. One day I'll have something worth having. At least we both made it out without being shot and killed. Dutch most definitely would've taken out some anger on the man that did show up or he'd be disappointed when both of us was gone. We chose to go straight to Shady Belle where everyone was awaiting, Dutch needed to make sure we were accounted for. He didn't look thrilled when we rode in later but he was happy to hear of our successful robbery.

"Proud of you boys, thankful you two made it back safe and sound. Only been with us a few months now but you are really showing some commitment to your gang. We'll get you a new hat, Asher. For now, think your haircut looks pretty good on you."
We all shared a laugh and of course Selina looked on with much pride. Never thought I'd have a woman look at me like I was her whole entire world and being proud of me. Made me think that I did make a good choice in bringing her with us. She was different now, didn't seem so innocent and pure. Perhaps a bit more sexy as well considering her past and everything, she wasn't that girl. I loved that about her and I knew I was probably going to get some sort of reward out of it. I was loving this girl more and more and though I hadn't said it yet and neither had she, I knew we were both feeling it.

Clemens Point/Shady Bell, 1899

  Seems like we'll just never stop running. At least, that's just how it feels at this point with Dutch. Jack has been taken and his mother is raising hell for all of us. I couldn't imagine the pain of not having your child with you. Maybe, one day, I will, given everything going on with Selina at the moment. Not the pain at least of not having them though. I would like to think by then that we'd be outta this gang and somewhere on our own. I don't know the future though and sometimes I do wish I could just flash forward to see if this is all worth it or if I end up dead and Selina goes back to that Army guy she was with. Who the fuck knows. Guess I do feel lucky though to be living in this present. No doubt about it. Nathan and I robbed a homestead tonight too. Nearly got our heads blown off by the guy with his shotgun. He wasn't too happy though but we did make off with a decent amount of money. Doesn't compare to what Arthur and the other's made off with from that bank in Valentine. At least with that, we got upgraded tents. Better than they used to be and Sel does come around every so often. But we're trying not to be one of those couples who seems to be all over one another like we used to when we weren't even together. Who knows what will happen in time. Dutch was so proud of us, promised me a new hat for the one I lost when running from that guy. Doesn't bother me much, got a nice swept back and faded haircut right now. I don't need to worry about no hat right now. Just hope we can stop running here soon. Though, I feel like because we are within a gang, running is all we know how to do. That's just how it is, Praying for the future, for whatever god will have me right now.

            Placed the last word within my journal before Selina came up to me within my tent, it wasn't as good as Dutch has it but I did happen to have a better bed and everything of the sort within it right now. "Knock, knock lover boy. What's going on?" She questions as she enters, a smile upon her face. "Ah, I was just thinking 'bout going to bed, but, I suppose I can entertain you for a little bit."
"Oh what a kind gentleman you are."
"Far from it, m'lady but I'm doing my best."
She ends up sitting herself within my lap, arms wrapped around my neck as she places some kisses to my cheeks and lips, my hands coming to rest upon her petite hips.

"I fuckin' adore you so much, Selina. Don't know what I'd do without you."
"You're cute. Hate it so much sometimes, don't know what I'd be doin' without you either. Probably stuck in a loveless marriage with that man."
"What was his name? If it's okay that I ask now?"
"Buck. He was... So committed to the army, just couldn't take it no more."
"Yet, here you are with me now."
"I do love me a bad boy, I won't lie to you."
"Ya know, we're yet---"
"I know. I mean, I guess you deserve a good reward. Wanna give our first night together a try again?"
I chuckle before our eyes meet and I can't help but nod my head to her.
"Yeah, let's give it another go."