ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟺𝟾

We could really use Sadie stomping around our ranch at five thirty in the morning and eat that rooster for dinner, 'cause that was exactly the time this girl came into John and Abigail's home to get us all up and have us get ready to leave. Selina and I were cuddled up to one another, which seemed to have happened over night when I wake to the sound of her footsteps, then I fell back into sleep before waking to her face just inches from mine, making me flinch. "Sadie what the fuck?" I question before waking Selina as well. "Sorry, you two love birds still sleep like you used to back in the day, had to make sure this was all still real." I roll my eyes before she claps her hands. "Get up! We got somewhere to be!" She states rather loudly before I allow Selina to pull away from me as I'm leaning up. My back is killing me from this hardwood floor and my bones seem to be creaking. "Fuck---" I mutter as I stand and grab my clothing. I had already packed a warmer outfit incase we found ourselves somewhere cold. This outfit, well, this was one of my favorite ones from back in the day. Black stand-collar overshirt with the sleeves rolled up, fine leather suspenders, black opulent vest, and some black work pants, alongside my cavalry boots. Arthur's hat just added to the look, I felt like I did back in the day, I looked it too. This outfit, I remember wearing it the day I got shot by Buck and saved the girls from the Pinkertons. The day Arthur said goodbye to us. I give myself one last look within the mirror as I'm equipping my gun belt and bandolier, my sons were gonna be surprised. I knew they would to see me looking like this. I head out of the washroom before I notice Selina is up with both the boys. "Needed to make sure they said goodbye to you." I smile as she's looking me over for the moment. "I remember that outfit too, you--- You look amazing, lover boy. Real amazing."
"Pa looks so cool!" Arthur muses as Andrew doesn't have anything to say. "Thank you guys... Be good for your ma okay? I'll be back within the day." I state as I give them both hugs before I come up to Selina, kiss placed to her lips. "I'll be okay, darlin'. I promise." She nods her head and kisses me once more before sending me on my way outside. I shake hands with Nathan before clearing my throat. "You be careful brother..." I lean in to whisper to him. "In case I don't come back, watch over them for me. My boys, Selina, the baby. Take good care of them. Please."
"But, Ash, you'll---"
"Please."
He sighs deeply before nodding his head to me. "I will." I turn to head down the steps before Arthur comes running out of the house. "Pa! I'll miss you!" He shouts to me before I turn and sigh deeply, removing my hat from the top of my head, least I had the decency to do my hair. "Here... Watch over this for me okay?" I place it atop his head and he looks me over for a moment with a bit of confusion. "You're a good kid, Arthur Sanders. You keep on being that way, ya hear?" He nods and then takes the hat off, seeing the initials within it.

A. Morgan

He places it back upon his small head with pride before heading back inside to show his mother. I did it for a reason, in case I wasn't going to be coming back. I'd do what Arthur had told me, pass it onto my son, and him to his. Sad, but the truth right now.
The sun is coming over the hill as we're hearing John and Abigail get into it about him leaving to go hunt Micah, she was begging him to not go and I knew this was why he didn't want to tell her, I felt bad, hearing her beg him. Hearing her cry, 'cause I knew inside, this was how Selina was feeling about us going. She--- Well--- She knew how to keep herself composed. She'd seen me leave, be taken, everything in the book in the past. She would cry, she would sleep, she'd do anything to forget. I was sure now, she'd find a way, whether it was knitting something for the baby, doing something with the boys, anything to take her mind off it. "Let's go. We all ain't got no other choice. This ends now." He states out loud before we all nod and get upon our horses.
"Cleet is in Strawberry like I said, least, he was last seen there. Gotta--- Gotta put an end to this." Sadie shouts as we all agree on it. They all begin talking about Arthur, how he'd want this to happen. How he started it and we'd finish it. Charles talks about heading up north, meeting a nice girl, starting a family. Sadie talks on how she wants to head down to South America to see something different. Both I understood, they needed that within their lives. A change and the better of everything they needed like John and I seemed to have. I would want that for them too, they both deserved it.

Getting within Strawberry, John, Charles and I spot Cleet upon the steps of the post office, he takes off running but Sadie catches him. John beats him and demands to know where Micah is before Sadie instructs him to drag Cleet to the gallows, maybe then he'd spill on where that fucking piece of trash was. He wasn't good at keeping a secret when the noose is around his neck. A feeling I remember all too well, he had no one to stop this though. No one who would keep this from happening. Eventually when John threatens to pull the lever to release the trap door, he caves and states that Micah's hideout with his gang is up on Mount Hagen. Sadie then gives John the option to hang Cleet or spare him. Well, John goes with letting him hang, much to the entertainment of everyone who was watching now. It was what he deserved, being a member of such a gang with the male.
Now, it came to the ride up to Mount Hagen. It was going to be a long one and we knew we had to be prepared. But, the reality of taking out Micah was the best one of them all, doing this for Arthur was what drove me. He needed to know that the old gang members; The family. The ones who matter. They went after the man who put the final nail in the coffin and I knew he'd help us get through this. We're about half way there when the night falls upon us. We stop near Wallace Station for the night, all of us having some canned food and some meat from a buck that Charles had shot down not too long ago. It was a nice feast, nothing better than feeling like we was all back within a fair gang of people. Charles and John choose to go to bed while Sadie and I are sitting upon a nearby grassy hill. We hadn't had real time to catch up, it was all just go-go-go.
"It's been nice to see you again, Mrs. Adler."
"You too, Mr. Sanders. You and your little family, I know Arthur would be real proud of the lives you and John have now."
"I would only hope--- We--- We've done so much, can't just let him die without the revenge he wanted."
"Yeah... Well, I just remembered that I haven't thanked you."
"Thanked me for what?"
"I know it's odd, but--- Thank you for the few times you took care of me back after my Jake passed. You know what I mean, you--- You really did treat me like a lady then. Made me forget how much of a monster I was becoming at the time."
I hadn't thought too much about all the times that Sadie and I shared a tent, did some things. All before I met Selina. I just chuckle though before nodding my head. "You're welcome, Sadie. I know it was a lot back then for the both of us. Guess we did both know how to keep one another company."
"Guess so. I am happy for you, and the life you lead. It--- It's heartwarming seeing you and your boys and how much you love Selina still."
"Thank you, Sadie. I know you'd be just as happy now if Jake was alive."
"I am happy now, I miss him everyday, but I am happy with my life. Being a bounty hunter--- Bringin' people to justice, exactly what they deserve."
I give her a pat on her shoulder before she leans her head upon mine, this was harmless. I knew it. "You're a good brother, Asher."
"I guess you're a good sister too. Maybe it's time we head to bed with the other two. We got a rat to kill in the morning." She removes her hat before we both nod, fire is still going and we get within our own tents. No funny business, perhaps this was how it should've been forever.