ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹𝟷

I hadn't been home in quite some time, last several months have been nothing but pure hell in my opinion. West Elizabeth was all of our homes. We all just hadn't realized it till now. Nathan had sent a letter to Lauren in Saint Denis, letting her know we were headed for West Elizabeth and we were going to be sorting things out, he would send another letter whenever he was ready for her to come join us.
"I'm so excited to finally see my mother, she's going to be overjoyed that her oldest daughter is home... Oh wait.. Sorry you two. Didn't mean it like that."
"No worries, Ms. Hinton... Our parents been dead a long time now."
"How much longer you goin' to call me, Ms. Hinton you silly man?"
"What am I supposed to call you? Sel, Sel, Selina?"
"Why don't we try, Mrs. Sanders on for size."
"Wait--- You askin' me to marry you?"
"No, you fool, I'm tellin' you... I'm ready to marry you whenever you're ready to marry me. Plain and simple."

I look back to see nothing but surprise on Nate's face, he smiles though. "Why don't ya'll just marry when we get to Blackwater? You guys already got the baby part done and over. Know it's not super traditional, but you guys can have an actual weddin' in due time."
I reach into my pocket for a moment, trust me, I had been thinking of marrying Selina for some time. I didn't buy this ring myself but at one point, saw a women wearing it in Saint Denis. Not honest work but I did rob this from her because I felt like it would look better on my woman than her.
"Alright... Well, let's stop a moment."
I state before Selina gives me a look of confusion, we were almost a few miles from re-entering Blackwater so I knew this was a little odd. I hop off my horse and hold my hand out for her, she shakes her head before coming down off her own. Some people are coming to pass by on their coach and I know they were gonna stop when they saw what I was about to do. Down on one knee it is now, just like this.
"Asher--- I---" I put my finger up to my lips before I hold the ring out to her. The people in the stage coach already slowing down by now, just not wanting to interrupt us, looking like they're gonna go on through anyway.

"Selina Hinton, you and I---- We met under some strange circumstances. In a bar in Valentine of all places... All thanks to the man who gave me this damn hat on my head. He's dead and gone now, but he told me time and time again that when he saw you, he knew you were for me. If that isn't a walkin' guardian angel in his finest.... You, you've tested my emotions in ways that no women ever has for me. Made realize that my life is worth livin'. That not everything is bad in the world because there's always some good in it. In my world, that's you. I love you more than I can ever express, no song, poem, or letter could amount to any feelings I got. Not to mention, you're givin' me the greatest gift I've heard any man can receive... That belly you're gettin'... Blessin' to me since the day we found out. Your eyes, are like the purest emeralds I ever did see and I wanna look at them for the rest of my life. I love you... I fuckin' do... So here's me askin' you, will you---- Will you make me the happiest man in the universe, 'cause you damn well already made me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"
She has tears pooling in those amazing eyes of hers and I just smile so fucking wide. Nathan is standing off to the side, feel as though he crying within his own self as he smiling from ear-to-ear as well.
"You--- You're--- I love you. Yes, yes I'll marry you."
I place the ring upon her finger and thankfully it's a perfect fit. I bring her into an embrace as her arms wrap around my neck and our lips connect. I can't help but smile through it all. The people on the stage coach clapping and giving us our congratulations.
"We're home now, Selina. Now we're gonna go get married."
"Just like that?"
"Just like that."

I smile before I hug her once more. She was always the perfect fit for my arms, the height difference was there and I know she felt safe with me. "You over there cryin', ya fool?" I question as Nathan shakes his head though I do see him wipe his eyes. "No, no, but I guess I better go put on my best clothing items when get into town, gotta weddin' to go to."
I shake my head before we kiss once more, and we get back on the horses. Just coming over the hill, is Blackwater. It was almost bittersweet to return to this place. Be present within here, all I remember the last time we was here was us running out of here faster than we ever thought possible, up into those godforsaken mountains. That was how it all began back then. First job we did with Dutch's gang, all but a few weeks after joining. I wasn't a perfectionist in dual wielding pistols yet, Arthur taught me that when we got to Horseshoe Overlook. Wasn't too hard when my left hand started working, now, at least though, I had that skill and I could re-enter Blackwater. Get our bounties paid off and that would be that.
"Hey, uh--- We need to pay off some bounties for the three of us."
"Alright, what are the names?"
"Selina Hinton, Asher Sanders, and Nathan Miller."
"Hm... Well, from what it says here, all of your bounties have been paid off. Under different names by chance?"
"No... Who--- Can you tell us who did it?"
"Says a man here by Tacitus Kilgore?"

That was the fake alias used by the gang, which meant someone within the gang paid off the bounties we owed. But who?
"Oh... Okay--- Yeah, that's--- That's my Uncle. Generous man."
"Indeed. Anything else I can help you folks with?"
"No. Thanks."

I give him a nod before we all head out looking at one another in a confused form.
"Who you think did it?"
"Well, most certainly wasn't Dutch."
"Also couldn't be a man either."
We weren't going to ponder on this forever, might as well just be thankful. Someone helped up, someone was looking out for us and now we were all truly free. "Guess before we head to the city hall to check up on the status of that house my parents had, maybe we should get married? Spend the night at the hotel or something?"
Selina laughs a bit before she nods her head and Nathan agrees. "Only! If we can go to the hotel first, told you, need to look the part if I'm 'bout to watch my brother get married."
"Guess we both better look at least close to the part."
I lean in to kiss Selina before I motion for us to start walking to the nearby bar that I actually used to work in. Opening the door, the current bartender is in a bit of shock to see me. "Asher? No way--- You're back! Here to cover my shift and---- Wow. Nathan too and who is this?"
"Ah. This is the future Mrs. Asher Sanders."
"Nice to meet you... So--- What can I do for you?"
"Two rooms would be great." He doesn't hesitate and with that, I knew we were on our way to the start of our new future.