Chapter 4

It was the first day of apprentice training for Blossompaw, and she was excited. She was up way before Cloudclaw went to wake her and Sootpaw to go on patrol. “Oh, you’re already up! I was just going to wake you, I’ll wake up Sootpaw and then we’ll head out on patrol.” Cloudclaw said bewildered. After Cloudclaw woke Sootpaw up they went on patrol. Cloudclaw pointed out different border lines and hunting spots as they went. “Over there is our border with Rain Clan, The river marks the boundary.” Cloudclaw went on, “See that big rock?” Blossompaw nodded. “That’s where gatherings are held, if you’re lucky you’ll be able to go to the next one.” “Will I?” “Time will tell.” “I hope we both can go to the next gathering!” Sootpaw exclaimed. “I hope so too” Blossompaw replied. “Well you never will if you don’t keep your eyes open for intruders” Grayfur retorted. “Sorry Grayfur” Sootpaw mumbled. They never found any intruders so they went back to camp to report to Birchstar. “Anything to report” asked Birchstar as she saw the patrol head into camp. “None” answered Grayfur. “Good” “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to me here beneath the tallstump to have a meeting” Birchstar yowled. “Tonight is the half moon, and that means the medicine cats are going to Moon Lake. I wanted to call this meeting to recognize Sweetpaw. This will be her first time traveling to Moon Lake and it is very special for her.” “Congratulations!” Swift-talon and Bravefoot yelled, and soon others took up the chant. Then Speckledheart and Sweetpaw left camp and headed to Moon Lake.