Chapter 8

Blossompaw couldn’t concentrate on anything. She wasn’t able to hunt, fight, or do anything like she normally would. Cloudclaw was worried, and decided to go talk to her. “You know he’s dead, but he’s in a better place. He’s in Star Clan now.” “I know, but I can’t help but miss him. I’ll try harder now.” Blossompaw replied. “Good, now let’s practice some moves.” Blossompaw slowly worked her way back up to where she was. Cloudclaw was proud of her, but there was some pretty good news when they got back to camp. “Guess what Cloudclaw!” Cloudclaw’s friend Daisyleaf said excitedly. “What is it Daisyleaf?” “I’m going to have Grayfur’s kits!” “Kits? That’s great Bramblepaw is probably going to become a warrior soon, so we are going to need more cats.”  “I know, I’m going to go get settled in the nursery now, I just wanted to tell you bye!” “Isn’t that great Blossompaw?” “It sure is! I can’t wait to have more apprentices in the Apprentice den.” “Hey Blossompaw!” Sootpaw yelled. “Go ahead.” Cloudclaw said, “I wanted to help Daisyleaf anyways.” Blossompaw came up to Sootpaw. “Did you hear? My mentor’s mate is having kits!” “Yeah I heard! Daisyleaf just came and told us.” Bramblepaw came up to them, “Birchstar’s announcing who’s going to the gathering tonight!” “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to me here beneath the tallstump to have a meeting” Once everyone was there Birchstar said her announcement. “I shall now announce who is going to the gathering besides me, the medicine cats, and Sharp-eye. Sparkriver, Rosesong, Swift-talon, Cloudclaw, Hollyhawk, and Grayfur, and their apprentices will be coming to the gathering.” Blossompaw tried to stifle a squeak of delight after hearing this. She went to find Sootpaw. “Isn’t this great?” she asked. “I know! We definitely have a lot to report.” Sootpaw answered. “With Night Clan? We sure do.”