Chapter 15

Blossompaw yawned and opened her eyes. She immediately remembered Bramblepath’s new personality, and her dream. “Am I really special?” Blossompaw thought. Then she remembered how Sweetpaw always seemed afraid of her. “That’s it. I’m talking to Sweetpaw.” Blossompaw thought. Blossompaw saw Sweetpaw walking out of camp. “Sweetpaw!” Blossompaw called, “Do you mind if I come with you?” “Oh, ok I guess.” Sweetpaw quietly said. Blossompaw and Sweetpaw walked deep into the forest. “Sweetpaw, may I ask you something?” “You just did, but you can ask me another question.” “What do you know that I don’t? Why do you ignore me?” Blossompaw asked. There was a long pause until Sweetpaw answered. “I can’t tell you, but I know that you’re special.” Sweetpaw answered honestly. “Can you at least stop ignoring, and hiding from me? We’re sisters Sweetpaw, in case you forgot.” Blossompaw started crying as she said this. “I will. I haven’t forgotten that we’re kin. I’m sorry if I have hurt you.” Sweetpaw said sincerely. Blossompaw noticed that a tear was beginning to form and Sweetpaw’s left eye. “Thank you Sweetpaw.” Sweetpaw just nodded. We walked back to camp in silence, but it was a good kind of silence, a peaceful silence. “I have to go help Speckledheart sort herbs. I’ll see you later Blossompaw.” “See you.” Cloudclaw came up to Blossompaw, “It’s time for some battle training with Sootpaw!” “Ok!” Blossompaw had so much energy now that Sweetpaw stopped ignoring her. Cloudclaw was proud of Blossompaw; she had caught three mice and a rabbit. She didn’t know why she had so much energy, but she did like her energy.

Now for the first time ever…

Sootpaw’s POV

Sootpaw watched as Blossompaw ran out to go herb collecting with Sweetpaw. He thought back to the day he became apprenticed. He remembered when he had said he had to go see Grayfur, and how he never spoke to her until she became apprenticed. Then he remembered the hurt on her face, which he hadn’t seen then. “How could I not of realized her hurt?” he thought. He looked back at Blossompaw talking to Sweetpaw. He noticed her snow white blossom splotches, and her beautiful medium brown fur, and then he realized something else. “Do I love Blossompaw?” He didn’t need to look at her again to know it was true.