Chapter 12

Blossompaw looked around she was in a beautiful forest, and in front of her was her father and some other cat she didn’t know, they both had stars in their fur. “Hello Blossompaw, did you miss me?” Bravefoot asked. “Of course! Am I in Star Clan? I’m not dead right?” “Don’t be afraid my daughter. You are in Star Clan, but only in your dream. Blossompaw this is Wildblossom.” “Hello, I have heard a great deal about you.” “You’re Wildblossom? Wow! Bravefoot told me about how brave you were!” Wildblossom purred “We have something to tell you.” “What is it?” “We must give you a prophecy. It will be confusing, don’t ponder it too much, you’ll know what it means in time.” Bravefoot told her. “Birches will become old, weak, and spiritless. Yet after the fall there is hope. A small blossom appears where the birch tree once stood, and will take its place.” Wildblossom said with a distant look in her eyes. “Goodbye Blossompaw.” Bravefoot said and started to walk away. “Wait! Please don’t go!” “You will see us both again.” Wildblossom told her and then they disappeared.

“Blossompaw wake up!” Blossompaw looked up and saw Cloudclaw calling for her outside the Apprentice’s Den. “Coming Cloudclaw!” she replied. “We’re going on a hunting patrol with Darkpaw and Sharpeye” “Oh great Darkpaw” Blossompaw thought. Darkpaw was starting to become a pest. She was always talking about how she was the apprentice of the best deputy in the whole forest, and how she was definitely going to become deputy someday because of it. “Sharpeye said that I was learning very fast, and that I was so great I could come to the next gathering. I know he expects me to be deputy Blossompaw.” “Humph I was giving a prophecy from Star Clan. She can’t beat that, but I would never tell her about it.” Blossompaw thought. Blossompaw slowly crept up on a mouse, and pounced. Blossompaw almost ripped the mouse to shreds just thinking about Darkpaw, but then stopped herself. She didn’t want to find out what Cloudclaw would say about it. “She’d probably make me clean out the elder’s den.” Blossompaw. The hunting patrol brought back a squirrel, two birds, a vole, and Blossompaw’s mouse. As Blossompaw set down her mouse she caught Sweetpaw eyeing her warily. “Does she know something I don’t?” Blossompaw asked herself in her head.