Chapter 9

“It’s time to leave camp.” Cloudclaw told the three apprentices. “It’s time? Yay!” Blossompaw said cheerfully. Then the three apprentices left the apprentice den. “Is everyone here?” Birchstar asked. “Yes Birchstar.” Sharp-eye said. “Good now we shall leave.” Blossompaw followed Birchstar out of the camp. “This is so exciting!” Sootpaw whispered. “I know!” Blossompaw replied. “I can’t wait to see Littlepaw again! Do you want me to introduce you to him?” Bramblepaw asked. “Of course!” Blossompaw replied. When Flower clan finally reached the gathering place, only Rain Clan was there. “I hope Littlepaw is with them.” Bramblepaw said quietly. Then a small white tom with black flecks came up to them. “Hi Bramblepaw! Are these your friends?” the tom asked. “Hi Littlepaw! Yes these are my friends. This is Sootpaw,” Bramblepaw said gesturing to Sootpaw, “and this is Blossompaw.” “Hello!” Sootpaw and Blossompaw mewed in unison. “Hey there!” Littlepaw replied, “I haven’t seen you at a meeting before, are you new apprentices?” “Yes, but I’m a moon older than Blossompaw.” Sootpaw replied. Suddenly a yowl pierced through the crowd. “The meeting is starting.” Bramblepaw whispered to Blossompaw and Sootpaw. “I’ll go first” Birchstar stated, “We have four new apprentices, Daisyleaf has become a queen, and Sparkriver is now a warrior.” Birchstar paused as the other clans yowled Sparkriver’s name in approval. “There is something else I’d like to share. Night Clan recently attacked one of our border patrols. They said they were claiming our territory as their own. We won, but we would like to know more.” Miststar, the leader of Night Clan started to speak. “Our clan was getting bigger so we needed more land, it’s as simple as that.” Birchstar replied “It’s not as simple of that! Our clan has become bigger too! Our patrols will come around more often, and you will keep being defeated. We only have one more bit of news, Bravefoot sadly has been lost, our new deputy is Sharpeye. Oakstar, you look like you wish to speak.” Oakstar, the leader of Sun Clan did speak, “Yes thank you Birchstar. Night Clan has also tried to take over our territory. We wish it to stop. Other than that we have received a new litter of kits from Willow-wish and Skyclaw.” Ripplestar of Rain Clan shared her piece of news, “We are not on a border with Night Clan so we have not been attacked. I do have some other news though. Sadly my deputy Redheart has also gone to Star Clan.’ Ripplestar paused before she continued, “I have appointed Graypelt as my new deputy.” “Well as I already stated before my clan is growing. We have many new warriors, apprentices, and kits. Any new territory will be welcomed with open paws.” Miststar shared. Birchstar ended the meeting with a couple of words, “Every clan has shared their piece so this meeting shall be over.” “Littlepaw! You didn’t tell me that Redheart died!” Bramblepaw exclaimed. “I knew Ripplestar would want to announce it herself.” “That makes sense.” Blossompaw inputted. “Well, bye!” Bramblepaw said. “Bye!” Then Blossompaw, Sootpaw, and Bramblepaw followed Birchstar back to camp. “That was an interesting gathering.” Sootpaw whispered. “I know! I wonder what Night Clan is planning.” Bramblepaw whispered back. “Well knowing Night Clan it can’t be good.” Blossompaw replied. “That’s the truth” Sootpaw sighed. When they reached camp everyone who didn’t go to the meeting approached Birchstar and asked what happened. As Birchstar told them about Night Clan, the three apprentices went to their den. They settled down, but before they could fall asleep Darkpaw pestered them with questions about what had happened. It took them a while to get her to stop asking so many questions. Once she was done they finally got to sleep. On the other hand Speckledheart, Sweetpaw, Daisyleaf, and Grayfur were wide awake, and then there were more mouths to feed in the clan. Three tiny little mouths to be exact. Speckledheart told Daisyleaf, “They’re beautiful.” “Thank you.” Daisyleaf replied, “I hope they grow to be great warriors.”