Chapter 13

“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to me here beneath the tallstump to have a meeting!” Birchstar yowled. “I am very pleased to announce that we have a new warrior!” “I guess Bramblepaw is becoming a warrior now.” Blossompaw turned around to see Sootpaw. “Next moon it’ll be you.” She reminded him. “Then you next moon.” He replied. “I can’t believe how close we are to becoming warriors! It seems like just yesterday we were kits.” “I, Birchstar, leader of Flower Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn.” “I’m very interested into what his name will be.” “When did you get here Sweetpaw?” Blossompaw asked. “Five seconds ago.” “Bramblepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?” “I do” Bramblepaw bravely stated. “Then by the powers of Star Clan, I give you your warrior name. Bramblepaw, from this moment you will be known as Bramblepath. StarClan honors your bravery and determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Flower Clan.” Bramblepath stepped up and licked Birchstar’s shoulder. The whole clan chanted “Bramblepath, Bramblepath!” “Bramblepath will sit vigil during the night.” Blossompaw and Sootpaw ran up to congratulate Bramblepath before he had to sit vigil. “Hmph, I’m a warrior now! You have to look up to me and respect me. Don’t come around congratulating me like little kits.” Bramblepath then got up and sat where he would sit vigil the entire night. “What was that?” Blossompaw asked, to no one really. “I have no idea. He was so nice, but now he’s so, so weird.” “I wonder what happened.”

            Blossompaw and Sootpaw went back into the apprentice’s den confused. The last thought Blossompaw had before she drifted off to sleep was “How did he become like that?” “Hello Blossompaw.” “Bravefoot! Wildblossom!” Blossompaw happily exclaimed. “Hello my daughter. We have come to give you an expansion of the prophecy.” “Stop!” Blossompaw turned around to see a ginger she-cat running towards them out of breath. “Please stop.”