chapter 31

EJ pov

She was beautiful, her emerald hair cascaded down her shoulders and across her lavender sheets. I had been watching her for a while, though it may be off for a grown man to do so.
Her exposed left shoulder was covered in flowers and a skull, on her neck was a pair of antlers. The ink etched into her skin only enhanced her beauty. I brushed her hair out of her face. A face of someone I had once knew. Lifting my mask I pressed a kiss to her forehead, trying not to wake her.
Taking my leave I walked towards the window getting ready to go.

"Jack," I head a whisper. Looking back I met her brown, almond eyes.
"Hello Ryu, long time no see." I chuckled at my own joke.
"That's not funny, who are you really." She asked jumping up and getting in a defensive position.
"Exactly who you say I am." I replied to her, stepping closer to her.
"That's impossible my boyfriend is dead." She shook her head in disbelief.
"Quite the contrary, I'm alive and kicking." I told her. She could not peel her eyes off the ghost of her past. My fingers traced my scalpel.
"I bet your kidneys taste delicious." I grinned although knowing she couldn't see it.
"You know just what to say to get a girl back." She loosened up. Taking a few steps closer She was about a foot from me.
"I missed you." I said taking her and and pulling her closer still. My other arm wrapped around her waist.
"I thought you where dead." She said tears leaving her eyes. Her arms came up and removed the mask from my face.
"Wha.." even though it was hard to see in the dim room she knew something was horribly wrong.
"Jack, what happened to you." She asked now struggling to get out of my grip.
"Exactly as you thought, I died." I told her leaning down I rested my forehead into the crook of her neck. She stilled in my arms.
"I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, or send you a sign. I'm sorry I'm a monster." Black ooze leaked out of my eye sockets and down her shirt.
"Shhh it's okay," Ryu comforted and she stroked the back of my head. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." She pulled away to look into my eyes, yet meeting nothing.
"What happened?" Ryu asked voice full of concern.
"A lot of things, but it's a story for another time." I rested my head against hers. Gingerly she kissed my chapped lips. In that kiss I melted into her forgetting my life in the mansion, my need for kidneys, and my death. In that moment it was just me and her.

But all good things must come to an end and a pair of green and black eyes watched with resentment and hate from the tv.

—————————————————————

So what do you think should I make a Jack book?