chapter 33

your pov

we came upon a neighborhood, a plastic neighborhood full of houses that all looked identical. the family inside was just as identical to their houses. I looked at Jeff and the look that he gave me I knew we were thinking the same thing. we where gonna kill every last one of them.

We swept through the town like a plegue, house by house we snuffed out the lives like burning candles. Each life more meaningless than the last, and once we were done we burned them all to the ground. The shadows of the fire loomed like mountains. the inferno lit up the sky.

"So I was thinking, let's get a house together, you and me in the middle of the woods only us," Jeff said quietly.

"That sounds good." Jeff rested his head on my shoulder as we watched the fire blaze. The fire department slowly rolled in and cops arrived to investigate the situation.

"Come on, let's go." Jeff stood and held out his hand.   I took it and stood, we walked into the darkness.

After arriving back to Splendors house we packed our things and expressed out plans to splendor who was more than happy to know we where leaving.  We stepped out and into the broken car. After driving for 6 hours or so, we arrived at a small cabin in the woods. We pulled in and parked.

"What are you devil creatures?!" A man came out with a shotgun came bursting out of the house. Before the man could lift the gun Jeffs are whipped out and his knife lodged itself in the man's head.

"Home sweet home, Jeff grabbed the man's feet and dragged him into the house. We looked around the small place.

"It's perfect!" I hugged Jeff and asked. "Where are we going to put the body?"

"Um, could you eat him?" Jeff asked.

"I mean I could, but I don't want to," I said looking at the middle-aged man.

"Fine get a shovel we will burry him out back." Jeff said lifting the guy, we headed out to get rid of the body.  A calico cat padded out to see what all the noise was about. I picked up the animal who nuzzled her face against my horns.

"Aww, Jeff can we keep her please?" I beamed at him.  Jeff signed and nodded.

"Yea you can keep the cat if you help me get rid of this," he gestured toward the body. Putting the cat in the house I helped jeff carry the body. After an hour we funaly dug a hole, deep enough for the body and rolled it in, a half hour later we covered it in dirt. I found some large rocks and made a circle around the grave.

"Thank you, we will love your home for you." I said quietly aloud, as if it was final words at a funeral. We stepped back then went into the house.

"Git cat," Jeff said and the cat rubbed on his legs.

"Do you want some food?" I asked jeff and made my way to the kitchen.

"Sure," he called back. I looked througth the kitchen and decided on pasta. when I finished I went to bring the food to Jeff only to find him passed out on the couch, the cat curled up in his lap.