Sneaking in- sweet pea

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Three small knocks to your bedroom window woke you up in the middle of the night. You glanced at the alarm clock on your bedside table. It was nearly three in the morning. 

"What the hell?" You grumbled. You were having the most peaceful sleep you'd had in quite sometime.

Stumbling to your window, you wondered who in their right mind would be waking you up at that hour. You were starting to get a little annoyed until you saw who it was.

"Sweet Pea?"

Your boyfriend of nine months, Sweet Pea, was in the tree by your bedroom window. He looked like he was struggling to keep himself steady. The tree was rather old and a little flimsy.

Opening the window as quietly as you could, you stuck your head out, "What are you doing?!"

"Move out of the way before the branch breaks." He warned you.

You moved quickly and watched as he pulled himself through your window and into your room. He was cautious to not make too much noise so that he wouldn't wake up your parents.

"Why didn't you answer my texts?" Sweet Pea asked you, not bothering to say hello.

"My phone is on silent. I forgot to turn the volume up after I got done with my homework."

"I thought you were mad at me." He said softly.

On the outside, Sweet Pea seemed like a guy that was tough as nails. When you first met him, you were a tad intimidated by him.

You soon learned that he was the complete opposite. Sweet Pea was the most lovable person you'd ever met. He was soft and cuddly and more importantly, respectful. 

The two of you as a couple turned some heads at first. He was a Southsider. You were a Northsider. That sort of stuff never really got to you. You figured that you should be able to date or be friends with anyone you wanted to.

You ignored your friends and decided to follow your heart. Sweet Pea was nothing short of a complete gentleman.

"Why on earth would I be mad at you, babe?" You took a step towards him and wrapped your arms around him. He immediately responded to your hug.

"I don't know. I sort of get worried sometimes."

"Worried about what?"

Sweet Pea let go of you, moving to sit on the edge of your bed but dragging you along with him. You still held onto one of his hands to reassure him that you weren't going anywhere.

"Worried that your friends are right. That I'm not good enough for you. We are completely different."

You cupped his cheek lightly, turning his head so that he would look at you. His brown eyes that normally shined brightly looked dull with sadness.

"I love that we are different. It's what makes us interesting. I was so-" you paused trying to find the right words, "So afraid of living before I met you. I wanted to blend in. I thought that I was okay with living life from the sidelines. That was until I had met you."

"What did I do to change that?" He questioned.

You rubbed his cheek softly with your thumb. He leaned into your palm. "You made me not want to be afraid. I wasn't scared of people noticing me or using my voice. Your carefree, lovable, adorable personality rubbed off on me."

"But your friends-"

You quickly cut him off, "If my friends care about me, they'll let me be with who I want to be with."

Sweet Pea wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his lap. You rested your head on his shoulder, "Do you feel better now?"

"You always make me feel better. I love that about you."

"I'm glad that I could help."

"To be honest, I felt a little better when I first came here and saw you in those pajamas."

You'd completely forgotten that you were wearing some rather embarrassing pjs.

"I need to change!" You tried to get out of his grasp but he didn't let you.

"Not so fast," Sweet Pea laughed, "Those short's look really good on you. Aren't you a little too old to be a fan of unicorns though?"

Credit: tumblr