Chapter22~Insecurities~

I know long time no see but here is this thing whenever I move I lose my flow of writing and I'm really sorry for making y'all wait so much.

Well I tried to compensate for that so long update for you guys.

Happy reading

____________________________________

"Manik Malhotra will you stop freaking ignoring me?" Nandini yelled at the top of her voice making an akimbo.

Manik just acted nonchalant about it and continued cutting vegetables for their lunch.

"I am not ignoring you nandini and stop it now you are shouting at me since morning." He said in a low voice not meeting her eyes at all.

She walked upto him and turned him around in a swift movement holding his forearm startling him. She took the knife from his hand and pointed it towards him.

"First of all I am not nandini I am sugar plum. Sugar plum. Do you understand that?" She glared at him pointing the knife towards him and he nodded gulping his saliva.

"Okay sugarplum we can sit and talk no need to shed blood right?" He took the knife from her and she gave it away without throwing tantrums because he was finally ready to talk about what happened.

They sat down on the couch side to side. Manik was looking down and nandini clearly noticed his discomfort. She interlinked their hands and rested them on her thigh.

"Stop avoiding me manik please! I can handle any apocalypse but not your silence." She said vulnerably and he finally looked at her.

"What if I ruin our friendship because of my feelings?" He finally said his insecurity out loud and she sighed because she knew it was coming.

Loving someone is hard but loving your best friend is harder.

"No you won't manik it's not like you did it intentionally I know how much this friendship matters to both of us and I promise I won't let it ruin it." She said firmly giving him assurance.

He just stared at her deep in his thoughts and she just wrapped her arms around him which gave him solace.

Manik cocooned her too and they stayed like that for a while. And lunch was a long forgotten business.

After sometime manik was lying straight on the couch on his back and nandini completely lying on him napping.
Manik had her arms around her waist  in a tight grasp.

It was easier before, her not knowing about his feelings at all. Their friendship would have been the same but now there is some awkwardness in the air and he can't handle it.

When manik realised about his feelings, he had no expectations because he knew nandini can never be his.

The problem is not their long term friendship but their views, opinions and perspective towards love.

Manik- who want to love just one girl his whole life and want to get married to her. He's a traditional guy who believe in forevers.

'Love is a myth' that's what nandini thinks. She has never seen a single relationship successful and you can't really blame her when her own father left her mother.

When views are so contradicting then how can these two can can be together ever.

It was five in the evening when nandini stirred from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes and saw manik sleeping.