Chapter32~And so it begins~

Eight months later

Newyork,

"Nandini I need those designs on Monday morning sharp I don't care if you are here all weekend. I need it soon for the fashion show." Alicia barked throwing the file on her cubical desk and nandini jumped because of her sudden voice.

Alicia is nandini's mentor and a really big of a pain in her arse. She's good at mentoring but can be bitchy when she wants to be. Clad in a black fitted dress, beige stilettos and long pink acrylics really screams 'that bitch'.

"Yes alicia you'll get it on time." She nodded her head in confirmation.

Alicia was going to walk away when she smirked and halted her steps in front of her.

"You know what nandini you're working in one of the biggest fashion houses and don't get me wrong you're really talented but seeing you wearing this hideous necklace everyday really makes me question your talent." Alicia smirked and crossed her arms on her chest.

Nandini shook her head with a small sarcastic smile on her face and stood in front of her.

"I'm here because of my capabilities and my talent. And last time I checked what I wear and what not is none of your damn business. So if you'll excuse me I've work to finish." She snapped and continued doing her work.

Alicia fumed and looked around as others were eavesdropping not so discreetly. Her lips pursed in a straight line and she walked away.

"Why do you keep messing with her?" Emma asked as she put the coffee on her desk table.

Nandini met her on her first day and it was an instant connection when they both blazed their dislike for alicia.

She's a petite blonde with green eyes dressed in white halter top with black jeans.

"Because she can't stop pissing me off thanks for the coffee though." Nandini thanked her with a grateful smile and continued editing her designs.

"So what's your obsession with this necklace? I haven't seen you without it a single day." Emma asked leaning on her desk.

"Someone special gave it to me!" Nandini whispered playing with her necklace.

Last day in delhi

It was the day nandini was leaving for NYC as everyone was convinced that she should go and this time she wasn't guilty for following her dreams.

Nandini was checking last minute documents and her passport when a knock on her door disturbed her.

She looked up and saw manik scrambling in her room.

"Aren't you too excited to leave me?" He smirked crossing his arms on his chest wearing a blue plaid button up and a wash up jeans.

"Bet your ass I am" She said poking his hard chest.

"You could have just asked you know? Finding these ways to touch me real classy nandini." His smug face was wiped off when she punched him in the stomach.

"Damn no need to be violent." He immediately held her wrists as she was going to hit him again.

"Don't let your cocky self out in front of me okay" She shook her head and he pulled her as she banged on his chest.

"I got you something" He exclaimed and pulled something out of his jeans pocket keeping his one hand still on her waist.

She looked at him confused when he took a blue velvet box out and gave it to her. She took it hesitantly and opened it revealing a silver pendant with four charms hanging.