Chapter33~Second chances~

New delhi

"Here's your coffee manik." Nyonica put the cup on the study table and he gave her a grateful smile.

"Take some rest manik you look like an addict just get some sleep you're tiring yourself." She stroked his hair.

"I'm fine mom is dad asleep?" He asked with droopy eyes.

"Yes he is and just don't worry about him or the company or me you need a break from everything."

"I can't take a break after dad---- I just don't want to burden him maa." He kept his point and tears glistened in her eyes seeing him like this.

"He is fine now and it's high time that you should start thinking about yourself too. Off to bed." He was going to object but she glared at him. "Now" He sighed and packed his files.

~~~~~~~

"So finally you decided to grace us with your presence? Lucky us!" Mukti mocked manik as he took a seat besides her.

"Please tell me why you all decided to meet out of the blue, in the middle of the day? I'm busy you know." Manik boasted and alya flicked his head upside down muttering a shut up.

"Because we have a wedding to plan" dhruv yawned bored with the situation.

Mukti, dhruv ,alya and manik decided to meet in a cafe. It's an emergency meeting as alya like to call it.

"And what's up with you I haven't seen you in months!" Mukti sipped her coffee directing the question at manik.

"After dad suffered the heart attack I've been really busy- dad's responsibilities, merger. I'm sorry for being a really bad friend." He said sheepishly.

"It's okay well you're not the only one who's being a shitty friend." Alya smirked folding her hands on the table and he averted his gaze down.

"Whoah! Alya is going to spill some hot piping tea!" Dhruv chimed in whistling a little.

"Yes you and Nandini both are just busy in your own worlds I mean can someone ask me how my life is going on? How was my coffee this morning? How did my nail appointment go?" Mukti glared at him.

"Well forget about that weren't you seeing some guy for a month now?" He asked and her eyes widened in surprise. She's speechless.

"Wait you know the guy?" Alya asked confused and mukti gulped looking here and there.

"Nah! I just heard her talking to someone in hushed tones. She was being all sweet, in love and all that gag worthy bullshit." Manik shook his head and when no reply came he looked up to see everyone staring at him.

"What?" He asked shifting on his place consciously.

"Did you just call love bullshit? The person who obsessively talked about this concept called it bullshit?" Dhruv was the one to speak.

"Ah! Not really I mean yeah kinda? I don't know." He didn't know what to say because he wasn't that person anymore he was eight months ago.

He learnt that nothing is constant. Love and friendships just don't matter when you're weighing under so many responsibilities.

"Maybe this is the day when the world ends." Mukti uttered quietly.

"So about the wedding?" Alya shifted the topic efficiently and mukti was glad for that.

"Yeah so when's the date?" Manik asked wiping his mouth with the napkin.

"2nd November manik 2nd you know two weeks from now?" Dhruv mocked him and he glared at dhruv.