Chapter38~Getting Married~

Two weeks earlier

"Manik we need to talk" Raj exclaimed by the living room sitting on the couch.

"What dad tell me?" He asked loosening his tie.

It's six in the evening and manik just came back from work. His jacket hung loosely on his arm, droopy eyes and crinkled shirt.

"Nyonica send some coffee in the room!" He added and made his way to his room and manik on his heels.

Raj took a seat on the bed and him on the couch in front of the bed.

"Are you okay dad? Is everything alright?" Manik immediately thought of the worse.

"Everything's okay manik will you stop worrying for two minutes?" Raj growled in annoyance and he immediately hushed.
"How is nandini? Did you two reconciled?" He asked hopefully .

"Uh! No actually" manik replied after a pause.

"You should get married manik!" Raj sputtered with a straight face.

It was like everything froze around manik. He couldn't move, he wasn't even sure if he heard it right.

"What?" After a lot of time he spew some words out.

"Get married manik I'm sure I said it clearly." He proclaimed with a straight face.

"You're not serious right?" Manik cleared his throat shifting on his place and raj sighed.

"Life is not certain manik. I suffered a major heart attack and I didn't know if I could survive it or not. I just want my only son to get married is that too much to ask?" He pleaded.

"But dad it's too early I don't think I'm ready. This merger, you, nandini!" He tried explain and nandini's thought immediately broke his heart.

"It's been too long, learn to let go" It was his last words and he was leaving the room when nyonica came in with coffee.

Raj gestured towards him with his eyes and she nodded in understanding.

Manik was just sitting there without moving thinking about his words. Even manik knew raj will not take his excuse of being busy.

Nyonica held the cup in front of him breaking his contemplation. He took the cup and took a sip burning his tongue in the process hissing loudly.

"Easy there and stop overthinking it. It's not some complicated business deal." Nyonica chided taking a seat besides him.

"But ma why now? Don't you think we are in the middle of things right now?" He tried to keep his point.

"We are not telling you to get married tomorrow, we are just talking about it and it's not like we are forcing this on you. You always wanted to get married and start a family. You were always family oriented. That's who you are." She exclaimed calmly rubbing his arms up and down. He looked at her lost don't really know what to do.

She was actually right. He always wanted that. Dhruv alya's marriage, navya getting pregnant he just couldn't stop thinking that it could be his future. He want to build his family.

"Okay"

Present time

"Manik is getting married"

"What?" Nandini yelled so loud, her eyes bulged out.

"Yes he just sent me this text. The venue, date and all. Did you know about it?" He asked her and she scrambled on her feet snatching his phone.