Chapter31~Feelings? Deleted~

"We are getting a divorce." Mukti whispered barely audible and everyone gasped.

Nandini gasped and immediately went frantic.

"What? Why? What happened?" Manik immediately side hugged her but she came out of his embrace leaving him hurt.

"It's just not working out!" Abhi looked down massaging his temples.

"But suddenly abhi? And marriage is supposed to be hard that doesn't mean you'll give up like that!" Sushmita tried to be reasonable and looked at mukti who was just looking down.

"We tried maa but it's just not happening. We tried to sort out our differences but we became distant and regular fights are just too much now." Mukti explained fiddling with her fingers.

"And that was taking a toll on both of us so after having a discussion we decided to part ways. For good." Abhi nodded and glanced at a vulnerable mukti.

"Mukti are you okay?" Sushmita asked concerned and took her hands in her's. She gave an assured nod.

"I think I'll stay at my parent's place today." Mukti whispered lowly keeping her tears at bay.

With that she went upstairs to grab her luggage.

"Abhi?" Sushmita tried to coax him.

"We have made our decision I hope you support us." Abhi said in a monotone voice and left from there saying he had some work.

Nandini was silent all this while and she made her way upstairs towards her room.

"Can you please check on her?" Sushmita sighed and looked at manik hopefully.

He nodded and followed nandini inside her room. She was sitting on the bed with her arms and legs on her chest.

He was unsure what to do but sat in front of her. After a whole minute of silence she started talking.

"You know they were in love with each other since they were twelve?" Nandini whispered keeping her chin on her folded hands. He kept her hand on her's but she removed it. He was dejected but masked his emotions for her sake.

"They were in love, got married and one day they got up and decided that they don't want to be together anymore? How am I supposed to believe in love when every relationship I've ever seen just falls apart?" Her voice cracked in the end.

"Nandini list----" He tried to console but her next sentence knocked the breath out of him.

"What's unique in us manik? What are the chances that we will work out? That we will not end up splitting, that I will not lose you because of this thing called love? Ten years manik ten years I'll lose myself if I ever lose you." A tear dropped from her eye and he was speechless for once.

"You mean too much for me to lose you manik! And who will guarantee that we will be together hamesha? And it will not ruin what we have now?" She questioned and she was having a full blown breakdown.

"No one can guarantee that nandini, the only thing which you should cling to is hope and trust. Hope to be always together and trust your partner for that to happen." His shoulders droop and his hands were trembling.

"I just need to know that it's possible,
that two people can stay together happily forever." Her lips trembled and he knew he lost this battle.

"You're right there's no guarantee and we will not ruin it for something more." These words were heavy for him but he managed them out and immediately wrapped his arms on her waist embracing her.

And this time she didn't resist.

___________

"Are you awake?" Sushmita asked slowly as she saw nandini lying on the bed.