Chapter30~Turn of events~

The knock on nandini's room broke her trance as she was reading "All the bright places".

"Are you busy?" Sushmita asked standing on the door fiddling her fingers nervously.

"No come on in!" She smiled warmly and closed the book keeping it aside.

Her mother and her didn't have a proper conversation since she came back to delhi. And now Sushmita came by herself just to talk to her after so many days that made nandini really happy.

They don't have the most amazing relationship in the world at this moment. Sushmita approached her with slow steps and took a seat besides her on the bed.

"I'm sorry!" She apologised looking down and nandini looked at her confused.

"For what?"

"For not acknowledging your dreams and for overreacting! It's just that you're my baby girl nandini and I never want you to go so far by on your own. But that was selfish of me to think like that and give you a cold shoulder so I'm sorry." Sushmita finished in a single breath and was immediately embraced by nandini.

"It's okay mom I understand where you were coming from and it wasn't right of me to not to tell you before taking a major decision!" She muttered while in her mother's embrace. Her safe place.

Suhmita ran her fingers in her hair comforting her and they broke the hug in a while.

"The opportunity came so suddenly that I couldn't resist. I didn't choose my dream, my dream chose me mom. I want to achieve it but with you by my side. And if you're not ready I'll wait for you. I will not leave you like dad did." She whispered all this while looking down.

"I'm so proud of you nandini!" Sushmita said with tears glistening in her eyes and kissed her forehead.
"You're not like your dad and I shouldn't have said that!" She continued guilty because she didn't deserve that at all.

"It's okay I understand!" Nandini smiled dismissing the discussion.

"So I've got to go to work I'll see you in evening!" She nodded and Sushmita left the room.

__________

Nandini was tip toeing in manik's room. The butler let her in as there was no one at home. She didn't want to be at her place alone so she decided to pay a visit to manik after their date yesterday.

Two arms snaked on her waist from behind and pulled her on his chest. She was gonna give them a black eye but relaxed hearing a similar voice.

"Searching for someone sugarplum?" Manik's breath fanned her ear.

"I was going to punch you in the face because you sneaked on me like that!" She said tilting her head to see him.

"Feisty, that's hot!" He nuzzled his nose on the side of her neck making her closing her eyes in anticipation. He was trailing wet kisses on her neck  and she shuddered. She turned around slowly wanting for more but he suddenly left her.

She opened her eyes at his sudden action and looked at him smirking.

"Are you affected by my hotness nandini?" He looked at her amused.

"Jerk" She muttered and turned around to leave but he grabbed her by her arm and spun around.

"I missed you" He muttered brushing his lips on her jaw and slammed his lips on her's making her stumble back a step.

It took her a second to respond to his ferocity and kept her palms flat on his chest. His hands were clutching her waist tightly and she held onto his collar.