Backstory

Next Morning
Y/N's POV
It was a somewhat short drive. Yoongi and I were taking the bus while Yoongi. He had a bouquet of white tulips. He held my hand gently as I lean on his shoulder. I look out and see the buildings I saw when my mother would drive pass by. 

I smile as I begin to remember our times in the car, singing and talking. It brings back good memories to me and keeps me close to her. 

Today, Yoongi and I are visiting my mother's grave. It has been a couple of months since I've visited. I come whenever I have good news or just want to pour my heart out to her. And Yoongi wanted to come personally and ask my mother for permission to date me. I thought it was sweet, that he wanted to ask her personally. 

I see that we are close so we get up from our seats and wait near the entrance. Once the bus stops, we step out.

The cemetery in front of us as Yoongi and I walk in holding each other's hand. We walk along the road path on the side for a while. We walked for a bit remaining silent until I see the tree. My mother's tree, where is buried next to. 

We step on the grass and walk a little. We make it to the tree as I look down to see her headstone. I begin to tear up a little, but I manage to talk to her. 

Y/N: Hi, mom. Sorry, it's been a while since I've visited. I brought you your favorite flowers. 

Yoongi hands me the flowers as I lay them on the grass. 

Y/N: I always have someone who wants to meet you. 

I hold Yoongi's hand as he steps next to me. 

Y/N: Mom, this is Min Yoongi. 

He smiles as he bows politely. 

Yoongi: Hello, Ms. Y/L/N.

I smile to him as I continue to talk.

Y/N: Yoongi wanted to ask you something. 

He lets go of my hand and kneel down on the grass. I follow along as he begins to speak. 

Yoongi: Your daughter has talked about you very much. She speaks highly of you and your kindness. I am glad to know her because it means I get to know you as well. 

I smile as I feel tears starting to form. 

Yoongi: Meeting your daughter has been amazing. She is a sweet and kind person. I love her very much. I wanted to ask you for permission to ask you if I can date your daughter? I will cherish and love her unconditionally and maker her happy every time we are together. 

He smiles down at her. Then there is a gentle breeze that passes by. I smile and see it as a sign from my mother giving her blessing. I smile as I wipe my tears from my face. Yoongi leans my head on his shoulder as I smile. 

Y/N: Thank you for your blessing mom. It means a lot. I know if you were here, you would like Yoongi a lot. 

I smile as we both stand up. I smile as we say goodbye to her and wish her love and leave. 

I feel a sense of happiness come over me. We arrive at the bus stop and wait. Yoongi kisses my forehead and looks at me.

Yoongi: And now tomorrow, I'll meet the rest of your family. 

I smile as I hug him. I know with him and the boys there will be alright and fun. 

Next Morning
Y/N's POV
We arrived at my uncle's house, where is family reunion is being held. My grandparents were already there as I went to the boy's rental house to pick them up. I drove their car they rented to the house. It was a small house, but the backyard had a lot of space to hold a party. 

I parked as the boys went out and help me carry in the drinks I bought for the party. We go through the gate and make our way to the backyard. I see all my uncle's, aunt's and cousins. I smile as they all greet me. 

I give all my family hugs as Yoongi is a little behind me. I take his hand as I introduce him to my uncles. They are like my dads and want to approve of the man their niece is dating. Yoongi does his best with his English and tries to talk with my family. I see him with my oldest cousin, Jack who is holding his daughter, Hanna. I see Yoongi in awe of her. I just smile as I see him hold Hanna and making her laugh. 

It's so cute to see. Jack leaves them as I walk to him and sit next to him. Hanna gets excited seeing me and Yoongi hand her to me. I smile as I see him smiling at us. 

Yoongi: Is this how it will be when we have kids?

I lovely shove his shoulder as he laughs.

Yoongi: You know I'm kidding. We have a long way to get there.

I smile as he excuses himself to get a drink. I smile as I continue to play with Hanna. 

Yoongi's POV
I get myself a drink as I look and see Y/N playing with her cousin. It's sweet to see her smile. As I was looking at her, I see one of her uncles approach me. 

Y/U/N: Hello, Yoongi. How has your trip been so far?

Yoongi: Good. It's nice here. 

He looks at something and I look see him looking at Y/N. He smiles as little as he turns his attention back to me. 

Y/U/N: I haven't seen my niece this happy since the accident. 

Yoongi: What accident?

He looks at me sighs.

Y/U/N: I guess she hasn't told you has she. 

I shake my head.

Y/U/N: Well, you must her mother passed away, but I guess she didn't tell you how. 

Yoongi: No, she only said her mother died and that's all.

Y/U/N: Well, it was winter about 3 years ago. Y/N was with her mother and her mother was driving. It was a heavy snowstorm, and her mother had a heart attack, while she was driving. And the next thing that happened was their car crashed into a wall on the highway. Her mother was killed instantly, while Y/N suffered broken arm, leg, ribs and a concussion. We all thought she wasn't going to make it, the doctors gave her a small chance of surviving. But my daughter, Anna, loves Y/N as a sister asked her to stay and not leave. And the next day she woke up. When we told her what happened to her mother, she broke down and almost tried to kill herself. She tried slitting her wrist, but her grandmother stopped her. She was in the hospital for over 3 months. 

I look at him and just hear him speak about Y/N. She has gone through so much. 

Y/U/N: I see you bring out the best of her. She needed someone to make her happy and I see you bring it out in her. I'm grateful you came into her life. 

He pats my shoulder and leaves. I look at Y/N happy and bubbly. I know what happened to her must have been hard and I want her to know that I'm here for her when she needs to talk about the accident. 

I just want her to be happy.