Engagement Party

3 Months Later
Y/N's POV
My recovery has been long, but I'm doing much better. But my depression hasn't changed at all. I'm gloomy, tired and don't feel like doing anything. 

Yoongi decided to stay a bit longer here to help me recover. I'm just glad that I have someone here with me being so supportive of me. He holds me and comforts me when I need it the most.

We announced our engagement to our families and friends. The other members of BTS were happy for us as they get another member of their family. My family was a little upset about the situation since they thought me and Yoongi were too young. But they eventually came around and accepted our engagement.

My family arranged to have an engagement party for Yoongi and me. I didn't want to but they insisted, so Yoongi flew out his parents, brother and the other members here to Chicago for our engagement party. 

I'm getting ready for our party that going to be at a banquet hall. I put on a long pink dress that Yoongi bought for our party. I told him always to not spoil me, but of course, he never listens to me. I try to do my makeup but I can never get it done right.

I hear a knock at the door of my room.

Y/N: Come in.

The door opens as it reveals Yoongi struggling to put on his tie. 

Yoongi: Y/N can you help me with this. I keep doing it and it always comes out crooked. 

I smile shyly as I make my way to him. I stand in front of him as I fix his tie. He hugs my waist as I smile a little.

Y/N: Done.

I pull away from him, but he holds me firmly. 

Y/N: What is it? Did my make up come out badly, ugh, I can never get it right?

Before I could pull away Yoongi speaks up. 

Yoongi: No, it's just. You already look beautiful without makeup. You don't need to cover up. I just love how simply you are.

I smile as I lean into peak his lips.

Y/N: But honestly, do I look ok. 

Yoongi: More than ok, you look perfect. 

I smile as I look at the time. 

Y/N: We're going to be late. 

He nods as we head to the door to make our way out. Yoongi is driving my grandparents and me to the venue. The rest of our family and friends are already there waiting for us. He holds my hand while he drives. He gently caresses my palm as I smile as he looks at me from time to time. 

We talk to each other as we make our way to the party. My grandmother talks about how our wedding should be in the future when we plan it. The colors and flowers among other things.  I smile as I look at Yoongi.

I couldn't ask for a better fiance. 

We arrive at the banquet hall and we all make our way in. 

We hold our hands together as we make inside for our party. Everyone cheers for us as we are greeted by our family and friends. We greet everyone that came for us as we make our way in. My family is happy for me that I found the one for me, the love of my life. 

Yoongi and I make our way to his band members and his family. Yoongi's mother immediately hugs me, I embrace as I smile.

Yoongi's Mother: Oh, my. I can't believe you're going to be the daughter I've always wanted. Yoongi picked a wonderful and caring girl. I know both of you will be happy forever. I love you both so much.

I smile as I hug her along with Yoongi's father. 

Yoongi's Father: I'm proud of you son. You found the person that will make you happy. I'm happy for both of you. 

Y/N: Thank you, dad.

I smile as I look at our friends and family. I then begin to think of my mother. How much she would have loved to be here with everyone. See me happy with my fiance and talking with Yoongi's parents about their future grandchildren.

I begin to tear up as I see Yoongi looking at me a little concerned. He excuses us from our guests as we make our way to a quieter area. 

He holds my cheek as I let a tear fall down my face. 

Yoongi: Hey, what wrong?

I shake my head a little. 

Y/N: It's just. I see all of my family and friends. But there's someone missing here, that I wish was here.

Yoongi: Your mother. 

I nod my head as I continue to speak. 

Y/N: I just want her to see how amazing of a person I chose to spend the rest of my life with. Talk to her and your mother about the wedding and our plans. Have her walk me down the aisle. I just want here with me. 

I cry as Yoongi pulls me on to his shoulder. I wipe my tears as I pull away and look at him. 

Yoongi: Your mom is here with us. She is happy about the wedding and about us finding each other. I know she is looking down at us and is happy for our love. She could see her daughter was able to find the love of her life. 

I smile as my tears dry out. 

Yoongi: You know she is happy for us right. And I am happy that she is happy.

I smile as I lean in to kiss him. 

Y/N: I love you Min Yoongi. I will wait for you cause you're the love of my life. 

Yoongi: I love you too Y/N, I will be waiting for the day when I can call you my wife. 

I smile as we head out and join our guests back for the party. Yoongi is right, that all of my family is here even if the ones that aren't here are with me in my heart.