Surrounded

For a nine year old; you wouldn't expect to find yourself surrounded by gigantic human-alien-like robot machines. These guys scared me! I backed up  a few steps until my foot hit something hard and metal like. I looked up to see a yellow robot with these insanely adorable blue optics.But being adorable doen't help in not getting scared.My racing heart was still going. I am surrounded by gigantic alien robots; definitely.

Hadn't I just been throwing a bucket into the air using my feet while telling a Lion King story?

I look away from the yellow one.

 "Don't be scared."  This one is older and looks dark gray. "My name is Ironhide."

How in the world did I wind up from the floor to standing up on a dark road?

"E--e-excuse me. " I said. "But you can't tell me to be scared. I'm already scared because you are .  .  . tall." I drew out the 'a' in the word. "No seriously, you are very tall, and . um.  .  .  um." I do babble a lot when asked the right questions. Not many people did talk to me in school, anyway. "This is awkward."

"You just came out of no where." The one called Ironhide told me.

I point at him.

"So did you!" I argue.  "Now, did I come with a bucket?"'

The two robots shared a 'what?' reaction at the same time. I swear if these guys are connected someway and it's really dirty; then why in the history of  everything do you take a child out of her comfort zone and in front a group of giant living robots? I looked around for the bucket--it used to be a juice bucket--that didn't have a lid. My search came up not empty; I found it behind Ironhide.

"Yes!" I cheer. "Story-telling!"

"Are you sure about not taking a space bridge?" The yellow one asks.

"You remind me of ET." I said, staring at the yellow one.

"It's Bumblebee." The yellow one said.

"I don't see a Bumblebee." I said,glaring at them.  "If there is a bumblebee nest looming over that edge of the building across then I wasn't here."

"His name is Bumblebee." Ironhide told me with a laugh.

And then, like a stroke of 'watch this',  I saw Ironhide transform into a truck. Holy cow they can transform into vehicles! Maybe I can have some fun--oh I think I do remember going through this weird thing that struck me while falling through this weird thing and it certainly did feel weird. Is there a chance I might be going loco? Ironhide opens his backdoors.

"Get in." Ironhide said.

I take a step forward.

"Are you bonkers?" I ask.  "I'm nine years old. I don't trust gigantic aliens!"

Ironhide's servo grabs the bucket out of my hand then puts it in the back.

"My bucket!" I screech,jumping into the back.

Then the seatbelt buckled itself around me.  The backdoors shut behind me shortly after that.

"Ironhide." Bumblebee said. "Should we actually bring this human to the base?"

I am petrified.

"She has an energy signature." Ironhide said.  "I'm impressed you didn't notice."

I heard a whirr, click, turhc-ech-wurch like sound from outside and there lay a black and yellow vehicle that had really cool and sleek wheels that seemed like a windmill's blades shrunk to a smaller size. I do like to watch Pimp My Ride because it's so cool about upgrading the vehicles such as giving them boomboxes, new paint job, new everything.

"Energy signature?" I ask.

And then Ironhide went on about this thing I cannot get  a grasp on.

"Do you happen to like Math?" I ask, finding it far very difficult to understand.  "Because Math is not my best subject and now you just made explaining what science fiction stuff are very complicated."

"Why is it not your best subject?" Ironhide asks.

"It's like another language." I said, rolling an eye as he was driving.  "And by the way you look strange without someone sitting in the driver's seat." I grabbed my bucket that somehow and randomly got a handle. "Did you know that it does set red flags in people's minds when they see vehicles driving themselves with a child at the back?"

I got no reply.

"Did you?" I ask.

I might make him have a tough time for how ever long I will remain here.