The weird in Ivy

"What would make sense is that  this 'Jess' is not from my reality's timeline, but a different universe." Ivy goes on. "So that would diverge from timeline to alternate universes." She had one elbow on the table while babbling. "How can I have written a story about being in the Bayverse that I don't know what it means."

Mr Sandler lowers his coffee cup. 

"Huh?" Mr Sandler said, shooting up his brows.

"It is only logical, Alex." Ivy said, holding the spoon above the bowl. "No matter what you say; she's not from my reality."

"Abbigal, who's Alex?"  Mr Sandler asks.

"My imaginary friend." Ivy lied, making a fake smile.

Ever since they found out about Ivy's secret brother--who happened to come into town--and the unusual explanation that  moving-talking cars often driving by without drivers were actually top secret good guys from outer space called The Autobots...Things were strange. It all started in January.That's when Ivy's unusual acting came into play.

That's also when The Sandler's discovered Christian has ADHD and heard voices.

"Abbigal." Mr Sandler said, raising a brow. 

"I swear that I am--" Ivy started to say but Mr Sandler interjects.

"No swearing." Mr Sandler said.

"I swear over--" Ivy began but Mr Sandler interjected.

"No swearing over anything." Mr Sandler said, firmly.

Ivy stares with her mouth partially open showing the crunched up cereal in her mouth.

"...Then how can I reassure you that I am not lying?" Ivy asks.

"Organize your brother's comic books." Mr Sandler said, as Ivy resumed eating. Ivy made a light grunt. "Don't give me the attitude, Missy."

"Then how else can I act my real age?" Ivy asks, with her mouth full.

"Abbigal, chew with your mouth closed." Mr Sandler said.

"But really." Ivy said, chewing with her mouth closed. "How?"

"You're thirteen." Mr Sandler said. "You're not a teenager; yet."