Rising Hopes

The King ordered the royal staff to get ready for the celebration tomorrow. 

"So what now?" Wakiya asked as Shu turned to the king again.

"I have another request" he said.

The King nodded giving him the permission to ask.

"When we did our first fight in earth my friends did well even without weapons and I'm sure they'll be a big help in this war can we get them-" Shu was cut off by the king.

"No need to ask and I'm sure about their abilities so they can use weapons take them to the offer tower you don't need my permission to that it only need royal blood so you can do it easily Adam will tell you how to do it" he said.

Shu nodded as he turned to his friends with a smile. "Let's go and get you guys some weapons "

Adam lead the way to the offer tower. It wasn't a long journey. Shu's eyes were fixed on the road. He looked up at the sky and gave a small smile. "Mom, Dad don't worry I'm gonna keep my promise" he thought silently as a tear slept across his cheek.

"Shu are you alright?" Valt asked concerned about his friend.

Shu nodded as he wiped the tear away. "Yeah just thinking" Shu answered.

Xander walked up to the two as he threw his hands around their shoulders. "If you want to talk we're always here" he said.

Shu nodded. "Of course how could I forget my annoying and caring friends"

Xander punched his arm playfully. "What's with the annoying part"

Shu grabbed his hand and pretend to be hurt. "Ow that hurt I think you broke my arm"

"You're bad at acting Shu" Valt pointed out as Shu pouted. "No I'm a pretty good actor" the three continued to talk. The others eventually glanced at them but none of them spoke. They let the three friends enjoy their talk cause Shu was giving genuine smiles at them not fake ones.

"We're here" Adam announced as they walked to the huge tower made with stone.

"Oooh it's been a long time I've been here" Cuza said.

"Yeah last time it was my offer" Ruway said placing a hand on the stone wall of the tower.

"Let's see" Shu said. "Okay what should we do now?"

Adam smiled. "Guys sit down in front of the tower and take out your beys."

The group except Shu walked to the clearing on front of the tower and they sat down taking out their beys. Adam took out a knife and lowered it to his palm shocking Shu. "Wait wait wait" he said stopping Adam.

Adam looked at him for an explanation for stopping him. "What are you doing?" Shu asked.

"Drawing blood to the offer" Adam simply said.

"What!?" Shu yelped.

"Yeah we need royal blood to complete this" Adam said.

Shu looked at his group of friends. "I'll do it. They're my friends after all you don't have to do it " he said taking the knife from his hand.

"But-" Adam started to talk but Shu didn't took a minute as he formed a cut across his palm. Adam looked at him.

"Well" Shu said looking at the blood trickling down his hand. "What now?"

"Is that necessary?" He heard Zac ask looking at him with a concerned face.

Shu shrugged as he repeated. "What now?"