~The Husband?~

Xylia's P.O.V.

The moment I received the message that the two boys had finally found Dylan I sighed in relief and directly went to a bar, I wanted to go to his house to check on him but then I realized that it'll be good for his friends to see him in whatever state he is first.

I didn't want to appear as if I'm being a nuciance in his life when clearly he was still head over heels for Scarlet. Sleep didn't come to me as well so I decided to head at one of the nearby bars near my house, dad wouldn't think that I'll be just near home so he'll ask his men to look for me in farther places.

The moment I arrived at the bar several annoying pricks tried to hit on me, they were all looking at me like a prey but they all look so disgusting just with their stares. The owner, Mr. Tan, the son of my father's business partner noticed my discomfort and immediately led me inside the bar.

For long, I guess I already had too many drinks, I decided to head to the bathroom for a few minutes. Once I relieved myself I went back but then I noticed a tall man eyeing me from afar, his stares felt a bit dangerous and very frightening. I tried to just walk pass him, trying hard not to gain his attention.

"Hey babe, you look sad want me to cheer you up?"

But I was wrong, his hand came to hold my wrist and pushed by back on the wall, trapping me in between his body. Goodness he is not attractive at all! He infuriates me the more he keeps leaning his head near my neck and keeping me still.

"Let go of me!"

"Come on, one night wouldn't hurt much as long as you-" The nerve of this douchebag!-

"Hands off my wife"

I froze just hearing the voice who had just spoke, turning to my side I found the same tall and handsome member of the most influential heirs.

Connor Leong

The man turned to me with an amused glare and an angry one at Connor, well why did he have to say that I'm his wife? For sure this damned man wouldn't believe it, we're too young to be married!

"What is your wife doing in a club Mr. Rich guy? I bet you weren't able to bed her-"

A loud scream errupted from my throat as I found myself watching Connor punching the man infront of me, the moment he landed on the ground Connor held my hand and pulled me behind him. He momentarily turned around, checking me and asking if I was alright.

"Are you okay? Did he touch you?"

"Why you!-" The man tried to counter attack Connor when Mr.Tan came, his eyes turned to me in worry but serious when he faced Connor.

"Mr. Leong, is there any problem here? I saw a commotion"

"This man right here will be banned from any bar branch you own, Dylan wouldn't be pleased to hear that a man manhandled my wife. Do as I say or else this bar you have will also be banned from everyone"

Everything became hazy after that, I guess Mr. Tan finally threw that man away from the bar. My knees wobbled but Connor's arms held me up, one of his arm was placed on my waist with the other held my right hand and directing me to a couch... if I remember clearly this is where I was sitting earlier...

A soft kiss on my forehead brought me back to reality as I came face to face wirh Connor... I still feel dizzy but I'm slowly feeling fine... but why did he kiss me? Wait he presented himself as my husband right?!!

"Are you okay? You didn't answer me earlier, were you traumatized? Did he hurt you?"

"What are you doing here?"

Shouldn't he be with Dylan? I thought they finally found him? They should keep an eye on him or else he'll disappear again.

"Where should I be? You should feel honored that I came here to rescue you"

Rolling my eyes, I stood up even if I was unstable, I wanted to have a great night but if this arrogant man came here to annoy the heck out of me. I was about to walk away when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and gently pushed me back on the couch, he smiled before finally looking serious.

"If you're here to annoy me then just sit on a separate table and go away from me"

"Aren't you curious of what happened to Dylan? For sure you wanted to know" Well that caught my tongue...

"He's a mess. We found him in the basement with almost 10 bottles on the table, he already had 7 empty bottles and is almost trying to drink the 8th one. Good thing Caesar and I found him before he could overdose himself with alcohol, he spoke about Darren being perfect for Scarlet"

"But he cried, didn't he?" Connor nods his head softly, looking quite disappointed at what had happened to his great friend.

"That man has a very hard head but his heart on the other hand is very soft and almost fragile. Never in my life had I seen Dylan crying so broken like that, my whole years knowing him made it somewhat look like a lie as I haven't seen my best friend crying like a broken man"

"That's what I like about Dylan" I confessed.

Turning to look at Connor he has this fake surprised look plastered on, it's almost as if he's playing dumb... that won't work on me pretty boy...

"Don't act surprised, I know you and Caesar already have an idea. Dylan was almost a friend of mine when we were kids, the 3 of you might not know me but Dylan does. We met when my mom presented me to him, we were 7 that time and we knew that we were already betrothed. I began to slowly admire him from afar, because he was keeping his cold facade but in reality he has a really soft heart"

"But if you like him that much, then why are you helping us to bring those two together? Why are you even eager to push Scarlet more closer to Dylan?"

"Because who am I to prevent the person I like to love the person he loves? Who am I to even stop him from having the person who will make him happy?"

"But are you happy?"

I'm not. But who am I to stop someone from being happy? Dylan had been sad for almost all his life, he doesn't have a really stable and good type of parentalship with his parents. I wouldn't want to add more stress to him by telling him that I like him.

"What matters more to me is that I can see the person I like happy, I want him to be happy with the woman he loves and not to live a miserable life with me"

"Wait you're saying that the engagement was actually true? That you are supposed to be wed to Dylan?" Connor exclaimed shocked to say the least.

"I wanted to but the moment I realized that he had this fondness of Scarlet, I knew I was already too late to compete. She was already in his heart and there was no escape, so I broke the engagement off"

"You have a beautiful heart"

His statement made my heart swel, happiness spread inside my whole body to the point that I thought I was already drunk. His eyes met mine as a smile both tugged our lips, none of us didn't even realize that we were getting closer.

No one knew who was the first one to move, but all I knew is that his lips had met mine in the most romantic way possible. His lips nibbling on my lower lip asking for entrance, his hand came to roam against my sides and slowly had lifted me up to straddle him.

My arms immediately came to wrap them against his neck as I pushed myself closer to him, wanting to feel his body more. Suddenly the innocent kiss turned out to be very passionate, our small smooch became a really hot make out session.

My mind momentarily went blank as I found myself almost following his lead, goodness this man below me is a playboy and I deeply hate them for playing with girls' hearts and yet here I am making out with one?!

After it felt like eternity I slowly pushed him away, gasping for air, my eyes were half hooded and I knew right then that I was already drunk.

"Enjoying yourself as my husband huh?" Because the next thing surprised me more, I leaned in to kiss him once again on his lips...