Chapter 8

Rachel was taken aback, listening to those musical notes that touched her ears,all the way from his cabin. It was soothing and pepped up the atmosphere. "Mohit was such a perfectionist, he played it like a pro," she thought "even Bryan Adams would bow listening to it."

His staffs too were surprised on noticing this change in him. They had an image of a workaholic boss. But today he was a man far beyond their imagination, Cool dude!

Once he satisfied his soul, Mohit emerged out of his cabin, with the guitar in one hand.All eyes were set on him, noticing that glow on his face.

He handed the guitar to Rachel, thanked her and moved back to his cabin, without looking around. Rachel sat speechless, with a blank look on her face.

The staffs gossiped that this change was brought in by his new Secretary. They assumed something was brewing in between them.

Rachel was curious to know more about her boss, with respect to his passion. She couldn't confront him, since they dealt with each other formally.

They discussed on work but neither of them further brought out the topic of their hidden passion.

Whenever Mohit was not reachable, Aryan would ring up Rachel and share his issues. Rachel would guide him on several counts and try to solve it. As days passed by, their bond grew stronger, with each one sharing their personal lives. Aryan was happy to find a guide and friend, in Rachel.

Though Mohit was aware about their friendship and topics of discussion, but never brought it up in front of her. By now, he got a clear idea about her family and the current situation she was undergoing.

It was a rare sight these days to see someone this young, carrying out huge family responsibilities. This trait of hers gained his respect.

Rachel was clueless, about Mohit being aware of her personal issues. She always kept her private life a secret, which actually wasn't, in the true sense.

***

Daisy Aunty had left for Goa, Rachel was juggling between home and office. Her mom was putting her best in terms of exercise, this helped in speeding her road to recovery.

Rachel was happy with her moms progress. Everything seemed to be getting back on track.

Over a period of time, she was tuned to handle her home, job and concerts effortlessly.

***

One day in church, she happened to meet Peter, he seemed very happy.

Peter came ahead and teased, "Still Single! You know I'll be getting married to an Air hostess next month. You are invited to witness this nuptial.You will realise what you have lost."

Rachel shot back, "Good for you, I prefer being single than hooked up to a moron. I have better work to do, than attending a fool's marriage."

Peter was fuming listening to it. She blasted, "Get some sense into those brains. Inspite of attending the Sunday mass regularly, you haven't learnt anything, just a big zero in the eyes of God. You don't understand the true meaning of love. I'm happy without you.Get lost"

He hailed abuses at her, she didn't care a damn about it and moved out.

It pained her, knowing how fast he had moved ahead in life without any regret.She just wanted to forget everything, never looking back.

*****

Mohit along with Rachel and 2 technical executives headed to Pune, for a conference. Meetings were lined up for the next couple of days.