chapter 21

Rachel was mesmerised by the beauty of the place. The mountains at the backdrop added to the scenic beauty.

Sparsh was much much bigger than what Rachel had imagined. It had a beautiful garden and play area outside. Special areas were designated for indoor games, health clinic, mini-library, study area, prayer hall etc.

The 2nd floor was assigned for the elderly and the 4th floor for the kids. The interiors were taken care of keeping the purpose in mind.

Mohit described every part of the home, alongwith its function to Rachel.

Rachel couldn’t believe the fact that she had her own cabin, which was beautifully done. The scenic beauty from her cabin was very energising.

She didn’t know how to thank him, for her dream was getting accomplished. She went closer to Mohit and whispered, “Thank you for everything.”

Mohit was happy, to see her face glow with happiness. He reciprocated by blinking his eyes.

“I think there’s nothing more required, everything seems just perfect. But there’s one concern, in case of emergencies, then what!” questioned Rachel.

“I have sorted that out. There’s a good hospital at 2kms distance from here. I have spoken to them; they’ll provide the ambulance when required. I‘ll handover all the details about this area, so that you’ll get an idea.”

“Can you take me on a drive around here? I’ll get a clear view that way.”

Mohit was very much pleased to do so, he said “My pleasure. Wait, I’ll just instruct the supervisor about the arrangements to be made for opening.”

Until, Mohit was back, Rachel walked around the garden, admiring it’s beauty. She happened to pluck a red rose from the garden. She was experiencing the heavenly fragrance of the rose, when Mohit tapped her shoulder.

Mohit’s mind had various thoughts running, on seeing that red rose in her hand.

His thoughts ran wild hoping that it was for him.

They both went on their so-called drive, studying the places around. Rachel keenly observed the place, noting the prime areas.

Once they were done, Mohit decided to drop Rachel back home.

They kept talking on general topics. But, Mohit’s mind drifted on-n-off towards that rose which she held.

Finally, they arrived outside her building,

“Thanks a lot, Mohit, will meet you at the inauguration. Daisy Aunty will be coming tomorrow, but afraid uncle won’t be able to make it.He’s too tied up. Hope Aryan and Ayushman will join us at the inaugural.”

“Welcome. I’ll definitely get them along.I’ll send the car to pick both of you. Anything else…..”

Mohit was eager to hear something more from her. But she left saying a ‘Goodbye’.

He drove the car, once she walked into the building. A feeling of sadness touched his heart.

Mohit reached home.  As he gathered all his belongings before getting down, his eyes fell on the dashboard. The red rose that had lost its beauty, rested on the dashboard. It was priceless. He gently caressed and took it along.

His thoughts wandered again, whether she left it on purpose or otherwise.

A call from the client disrupted his thoughts.

***

The Inauguration day.

The place was decorated with marigold flowers. Chairs were lined up for the guest, at the entrance, in the lawn.