Chapter Two

The woman laid in the bed and rolled around as the sunlight seeped through her curtains. Ochaco flopped her arms around and groaned."Five more minutes." She continued to toss and turn in her bed until she fell off of the mattress."Eeep !"

Uraraka hit the floor with a thud and sighed as she laid face first on the hardwood. The woman tiredly rested on the floor until a faint jingle of a metal collar began to grow louder with the soft patter of paws, and moments later a wet, sandpaper like tongue licked her cheek. Uraraka let out a slight giggle and placed a hand on the small dogs head.

The jingle of the animal's collar became louder as it rolled in the air in an an attempt to fall to the ground. Uraraka sat up and placed her hands together. A bright pink glow emitted from the pads of her fingertips as the animal fell. Ochaco caught Kei as he fell and stared the dog in its dark eyes."You just couldn't let me sleep could you ?" The animal gave her nose a single lick and  stuck out its snagle tooth."I'll take that as a yes furball."

.....

Ochaco sat at the small table in the kitchen and looked down at the bowl of food below her. Water dripped down her forehead and next to the scrambled eggs. Uraraka skeptically took a small helping of the protein filled food and stared at it with unsure eyes. She slowly raised the yellow eggs to her mouth and too a bit. She chewed slowly and let out  a sigh of relief."It's better than last time ain't it, Kei ?"

The small fluffy dog answered her by cleaning his bowl of food.

"I'll take that as a yes."

.....

Uraraka walked out in the open field and squinted her eyes as the large sun blazed just as it did the prior day. The farm she lived on wasn't much but it had always kept her and her family afloat ever since she was a little girl, so she carefully cared for it- even if she wasn't the best at it.

Ochaco walked past the small red barn and made it five feet past the structure when she stopped. Uraraka slowly turned around and skeptically walked towards the doors to the barn. Her brown eyes scanned the door and found what had caught her eye seconds ago, the iron latch wasn't locked. The woman scrunched her face as she inspected it, and she wanted to say she had left it unlocked- but that wasn't her. 

Ochaco placed an ear against the door and listened closely, but she couldn't make a thing out. She let out a hmph and grabbed a broom resting on the side of the faded crimson building. She picked up the long wooden broom and slowly opened the door to the barn.

The place was dimly lit by the sun as it sneaked through the old building's cracks and its lone window. The barn seemed like it always did, util she noticed someone snoozing on her stack of hay. The woman quickly raised her cleaning utensil turned weapon and slowly approached the stranger.

A large straw hat laid over his eyes and the top half of his robe was opened in a V-shape. The man softly snored as his chest raised with each breath, and his head was propped up on his arms as he comfortably slept.

Ochaco continued to inch towards the man and she leaned over him with her brown eyebrows narrowed."You !" The man laying below her startled awake and fell off of his scratchy bed.

His hat fell from his head and revealed a bush of grassy like hair. The intruder hit the ground and looked up at Ochaco."Who are you !"

"Who am I; who are you ?"

"I asked first," countered the man with a freckled face.

Ochaco crossed her arms and pursed her lips before answering."I am Ochaco Uraraka, and you're on my property."

"O-On you're property, prove it."

Uraraka explained,"This is my barn and you're trespassing."

"Your barn ? There isn't a sign outside that says it's yours."

"Wh-Wh-That doesn't make any sense !"

The man on the ground stood up and began to stretch his limbs and yawned,"It makes plenty." The man then picked up his hat, but as he began to walk Ochaco put the head of the broom into the man's chest.

"Where do ya think you're goin' ?"

"Away."

"Oh no, if you're goin' to use my barn as your motel, than the least you can do is work off that debt."

The man across from her scrunched his face as he claimed,"That is the dumbest thing I've heard in years !"

"So you're just gonna walk away ?"

The man smacked the broom out of his way"Yea, that's the plan." The man then walked past her and out of the barn.

"Oh no you don't." Ochaco chased down the man and grabbed him by the back of his sun bleached green cloak.

The man turned around and asked,"What the hell are you doing ?"

"You're not goin' anywhere without paying up."

"Jeez," groaned the man."If you want someone to work here so bad why don't you just get married; you're beautiful so I'm sure someone would fall for the damn trap."

Y-Yo-Grrr," Ochaco let out an annoyed groan."You're really stubborn you know that ! A guy breaks into my barn, sleeps there, and then thinks he's gonna walk away for nothin'."

"I'm stubborn," laughed the man."You won't even let me leave this damn ghost town !"

"You can leave, when you work off that night in my barn. You should be thankful, most people round here would've killed you for that."

The man looked her in the eyes and lifted a single finger."One night, that's it."

" Well if you're gonna work for me I need your name."

"Why's that," questioned the man with a raised eyebrow.

"Cause I don't want to call ya freckles for the next twenty-four hours."

The man rolled his bright jade eyes and said,"It's Deku."

"Deku ? That is different."

"Stop acting invested, the name won't mean much to you for long."