Chapter Eight

Deku let out a yawn as he walked down the sidewalk shoulder-to-shoulder with Ochaco. She teased the man,"Did ya not sleep well down there on the floor ?"

"Now that you mention it  some ogre's bad breath keep getting in my face."

"You just think you're so smart don't ya ?"

"I'd say always ready to knock you off that high horse of yours."

"K-Knock me of-" Uraraka was interpreted when a burly man bumped into her and knocked her back. Deku reached out an arm and caught her, but his focus was on the stranger. It was the same man from the cafe but he had just left the small outlet next to Deku and Ochaco. The man looked into Deku's eyes  unusually long and that did not sit well with Deku. 

"How about you apol-", Deku stopped himself when the man took off past them like nothing had happened.

"What's his problem ?", complained Ochaco as she straightened out her shirt.

Deku lied,"I'm not sure."

.....

The duo walked into the small store and looked around. They did not pay much attention to the daisy yellow walls or the comforting pictures hanging from the wall; they were far too engrossed in the racks of clothing tossed on the ground, the busted cash register, and the oddly deformed wooden counter that an older man stood behind. They knew exactly what had happened in the shop.

Deku was prepared for Ochaco's tirade about them needing to help people, but at the moment he was not in the mood to argue. He did not stop the girl when she left him and went straight for the older man working in the store.

Uraraka stopped at the desk and gave the older man a worried look. His thick glasses were crooked on bloody nose, his right eye was bruised, and cuts littered the man's face yet he smiled at Ochaco. He reached his hand up and battled with his fading, wispy grey hairs as the woman bombarded him with questions."Did that guy hurt you ?"

The man removed his broken spectacles and frowned as he looked down at them."You don't need to worry about me miss, I've been through a lot worse."

"B-But that guy did this right ?"

"Yes," huffed the older man as he looked at his shattered counter.

"Why, what did you do to him ?"

"You and your boyfriend are not from around here are you ?"

Deku shouted,"We're not a thing !"

Ochaco rolled her eyes and assured the man,"It's fine Deku can be big jerk so don't mind him."

"I heard that !"

"Anyways, who was that in here before us."

"That was an enforcer for the local mob, but what he did is nothing out of the ordinary."

"H-He usually does this to people ?"

"Not usually, if you pay there's nothing to worry about, but when you don't 'they set you straight' or at least that's what they call it."

Ochaco frowned,"That's terrible."

"Indeed, but what can you do ? Their fingers prints are allover the police force and no-one is brave enough to appose them. And quite honestly I don't blame them."

"I know someone that could do something !"

"Really ?"

"Uh huh, Deku." Uraraka pointed to the man leaning on the wall behind her.

"Oh no, that is not what will be happening," interjected Deku.

The owner of the store explained,"Visitors like you should not get involved with our issues; enjoy your stay here and eat well, we do have the best food in the whole country."

Ochaco cried,"please if he won't help you then I will. Just tell me where I can meet these bullies and I'll deal with them myself."

"I'm sorry sweetie but I can't do that."

"Please," whispered Ochaco."I won't get anyone hurt, I promise."

The old man raised an eyebrow,"Including yourself ?"

"Yes, that also includes me."

The man's lips formed a straight line as he contemplated his next actions. He shook his head in disbelieving as he reached down and grabbed a sticky note. He then plucked the pen from his breast pocket and wrote down an address. He placed it on the table and Ochaco slyly slid it into her palm.

Deku hung his head, but a slight grin formed on his face as Ochaco walked away from the counter.

.....

Ochaco laid on the large bed and cracked one of her eyes open. The room was dark as the  night outside the window and she sat up. She could make out a obnoxiously loud snore from Deku and smiled. She slowly scooted across the bed and cringe whenever one of the many springs squeaked. She softly placed her feet on the carpet and stood up off of the bed. Uraraka reached over and pulled on the chain of the lamp resting on the nightstand next to her. One click and it dimly lit the room.

Ochaco tippy toed across the carpet and carefully opened the closet. Her and Deku did actually shop and they bought a few pairs of clothes so they would not smell. Everything they purchased was meant to be baggy and easy to move in, and she was very thankful for that. The woman slipped out of her bed clothes and into a pair of plain sweatpants and a slightly oversized pink sweatshirt. Okay step one is almost complete Ochaco, just don't wake Deku and you're out of here.

The woman grabbed a band resting on a stand and tied her brown hair into a firm bun. She then opened a drawer and grabbed the sticky note resting inside of it. The woman chose her steps carefully as she walked across the room and when she reached the door she couldn't help but look at Deku.  She slowly turned the bronze knob, but before stepping out she stuck her tongue out at the man.

Deku heard the door click, but he did not open his eyes. He continued to lay on the floor for the next ten minutes. Deku shot up when he thought plenty of time had passed and popped his neck."I can't believe she's think she is so sneaky. I could hear her fat feet the entire time." He then let out a yawn as he walked towards the door."I guess it's time to make sure she doesn't get herself killed." Deku let out a huff," She's probably not even going to thank me for this."