Chapter Twenty-Two

Another Shit Chapter Sorry

Ochaco's jog came to a halt. She gasped for air and bent over. The smell of ash from the burning forest had finally caught up to her and caused her to curiously turn around. She looked at the fierce flames and the smoke rising into the air and blanketing the sky. She quickly pieced together that Deku was at least one of the culprits in starting the blaze.

She let a breath of air escape from her lips and turned back to the path ahead of her. The many intertwined paths from earlier had led to a single road of dirt. Ochaco was puzzled by everything and trying to make sense of it only gave her a migraine. She began to whisper what she knew under her breath."Deku is fighting for his life behind me, this damn forest is making me discover something about myself, and the only way out if for me to keep walking this way." The thing that worries Ochaco is what lies ahead of her.

.....

Deku propped himself up with his hands and watched as Mushashi marched towards him. The ground below the man caved in with each step and the flaming trees surrounding them began to shake. Blazing leaves fell from the trees and toppled to the ground in sync. A few fell onto the two men while others hit the wet soil below and extinguished.

Mushashi gazed at Deku and the fluffy-haired man scurried backwards the he neared him. His hands sunk into the weak mud and the soil seeped underneath his fingernails. "I have always respected you Midoriya. You're a strong man with an even stronger will, but we know how to break it, if it isn't already in shambles."

"Oh yeah, how do you plan on doing that one big guy ?"

"The same way we did it all those years ago, kill what you love," said Mushasi as he clinched a fist.

Izuku narrowly avoided the punch, however the aftermath caught him. The ground was broken and the force of the blow blew what was below Deku into the air. He was launched with it and the man followed it up with a jab to the gut. Deku was thrown into the surrounding forest and slammed helplessly through a tree. It split at the force of Deku and splinters were sent flying. Mushashi raised an arm and blocked his body from the slender, remains of timber.

Deku's teeth were stained with crimson and his cloak was ripped to shreds. He rolled over on the ground and peeled his worn robe off. He laid on his stomach and cursed through his teeth,"Dammit." He reached an arm out and began to claw himself across the forest floor. His fingers sunk into the soft dirt and with each inch he moved a sharp pain shot throughout his body. Despite the pain he continued to crawl like a wounded animal, but he came to a stop when a foot pressed on his back. Deku let out a muffled yell as his spine cracked.

Mushasi grinned as he applied more pressure to Deku."What happened, did you run out of juice ? No, you're too strong for that." He leaned forward as he increase weight bearing down on Deku." Maybe you just don't care anymore ? After years of hell I can imagine losing her yet again wouldn't hurt that much would it ? Hmm, maybe I'll take her from you this time, cause Baku got all the fun last time."

Mushasi ended his grinding of Deku's bones and grabbed onto a tree. He wrapped both of his arms around its base and pulled it from the ground. The roots tried to fight against his strength but it was too much for them. He walked with the trunk in his arms and held it as high as he possibly could. He looked down at Deku as he rolled over. Their gazes met as Mushasi tried slamming the tree onto Deku.

He moved in a blur of electricity and gritted his teeth with each motion. His body was beaten, but his will be was much stronger. Even after years of tragedy, a few embers remained. Deku caught the base of the tree and held it with both of his hands. Mushashi shot him a psychotic look as he tried to force Deku into the mud with the log. Deku's veins popped, sweat poured from his body, and his muscles trembled. His arms shook from the god like strength opposing him. Deku realized his body was prepared to give out; he had one shot of winning this battle.