Chapter Three

Deku walked through the field with heavy buckets of water in his hands and sweat dripping down his forehead. Kei ran between the man legs and barked at him, so the green-haired man muttered under his breath,"Get out the way mutt." The small dog with curly fur looked up at the man and wagged its tongue as it smiled. Deku huffed and shook his head at the dog before looking to the woman ahead of him on her knees in the dirt."I've got places to be you know !"

Ochaco turned to the man and teased,"You sure do complain a lot."

"Complain ? Complaining would be me crying about the heat or this damn dog that won't leave me alone."

Uraraka rolled her eyes and reached out a hand to pet Kei's small head."I just don't get what your issue is ?"

"My issue ?"

"Yeah, you helped me out the other day and I thanked you, but you couldn't even look at me. And then you go and stay on my property without my permission, and then play victim when I make you earn that night."

"Some people have things to do, and they can't just play with dogs and pick tomatoes all day."

Ochaco stood up and marched towards the man. She stood up on her tippy toes and jabbed her finger into the man's chest."And what exactly do you have to do Deku, let me know ! You carry yourself up high, but what the hell are you! A freeloader? Someone that thinks they're so much better then they really are? Or let me guess, someone who had a rich Daddy and was given everything on a silver platter and never earned a damn thing in their life ?"

Deku looked at Uraraka with his green eyes and scoffed at her."You think this is a hard life, huh ? Have you ever watched someone you love die in your arms, or been to slow to save a life ?" Ochaco looked at him and the annoyance in her eyes began to slowly wither away."I didn't think so."

.....

Hours had passed since the butting of heads and the sun was beginning to set. Deku kicked the rocks below his feet and began to feel thankful that his time in the small town was finally coming to an end, but he couldn't just leave without saying goodbye to Ochaco, although he couldn't stand her most of the time.

The man opened the door to the small home and slowly stepped in. As he walked in the same dog from earlier rushed at him, but unlike last time Deku only looked at the dog. The man's green eyes shot from the animal and to the cozy house. The place was not very big, but modest, which isn't a bad thing. There were very few decorations, but photos were everywhere. The memories seemed to be of Ochaco and her family, people she had not mention before. Deku walked with his head low into the kitchen where Ochaco stood cooking and said,"I'm about to go."

Uraraka turned around and looked at him with her big brown jewels."Would like to stay for dinner; traveling on an empty stomach is never the best idea." Ochaco's voice had lost its venom from earlier and mellowed out.

The man let out a breath of air through his nostrils and wiggled his lips."I-I don't think that's the best idea."

"Why not ?"

"M-Me and you aren't exactly on good terms so I should just get going, and avoid anymore...."

"Arguments," quietly whispered Ochaco.

"Yeah those."

"I wouldn't be able to sleep knowin' I let you go out in the middle of the dark hungry."

Deku leaned against the door frame with his head resting in his hand because he knew the woman wasn't going to let him have his way.

.....