Chapter Twenty-Four

Deku rested against the edge of a cave. The jagged minerals rubbed against his back cutting it. His dark curls stuck to his forehead, and underneath his eyes laid appalling bags. He pulled at his face and let out a yawn. 

He looked at Ochaco. She laid on the floor with his robe draped over her. He wasn't sure how much the cover actually helped. It was littered with tears from many battles, and the dampness of the cave was overwhelming. He had tried starting a fire, but any wood that surrounded them was wet and decaying.

Deku stood up. He sat down next to the girl and felt her pulse. It had improved, yet it was still subtle. He had stopped worrying for her life despite days of unending rest. She was strong, he knew that.  And too stubborn to die in such a fashion.

Deku hovered around the edge of the cave. He peered out the exit. Thunder roared above in the clouds, and continuously rang out. Lighting struck without remorse for the mortal world. Trees caved under its power, and bursted into flames.

Deku placed a hand on his side. His face shifted uncomfortably. The purple bruise was tender to his touch. He could feel bone misplaced and his jagged skin. He reached a hand outside into the elements and watched as the rainfall washed the blood away in a crimson spill. 

Deku wanted to lay himself to sleep. His muscles ached, and his mind could only wander. His thoughts had became jumbled, and a sharp pain prodded the back of his head. But he had something to do. A strange feeling in his gut was too influential. The airy sensation was drawing his away from the cove, and somewhere close.

Deku walked under the clouds. The blanket covered the dancing quasars in the sky, and tucked away all but a sliver of the moon. The dirt path he walked along was muddied and thick. With each step his legs tired more, and his eyes became heavier.  He walked for what felt like an eternity. He had lost sense of time, and the forecast above did not help. He was sure had not traveled very far, but the light headiness that was taking over.

Deku lost his footing and fell. His pants were painted with mud, and the dirt began to seep into his cuts. Mud crusted the tips of his curls, and he wiped away what covered his face. He forced himself to his feet and looked over a cliff. A clap of thunder startled him, and it was accompanied by a strike. The edge crumbled under the force.

He fell with the rocks through the air. His limbs flailed as he reached out for trees, but his coordination was poor. He crashed through a tree, and cried out an pain when his descend ended. He held onto his leg and gritted his teeth. He looked at the limb that had hooked him. The end of the branch protruded out only three inches.

Deku laid back. Wet grass tickled his back, and water burned as it filled his wounds. He looked into the sky, studying the dancing lighting in the sky. He watched as a bolt chased him. He rolled out of the way, and slammed a fist into the ground. The Earth shook under the force, and rabbits scurried away from their holes and into the surrounding woodlands.

Deku crawled to a tree and leaned against it for support. He lifted his wounded leg, and snapped the round limb in half. He winced as he wrapped a hand around the knob that exited the bottom of his thigh. He grabbed a hold of it, and ripped out what remained of the limb. He looked at the blood that drenched it. Drops trailed it like tears, and bark was missing from the limb, probably stuck inside of him.

Deku battled to his feet. He limped out into the open and struggled for minutes. He wasn't healing, not like normal. 

"Come on Yaoyoruzu, stop playing games !", yelled Deku into the distance."I know it's around here somewhere !"

A strike of lighting landed next to Deku.

"Dammit ! Stop playing games !"

A firm voice said,"You're trespassing." It was feminine and familiar."Leave and I won't kill you."

"Just open the temple," said Deku."I know its in there."

"Why, you can not wield it anymore ? This is a pointless endeavor Midoryia."

"Open it up," said Deku as he picked up a pebble."I'm playing nice right now." 

silence filled the air. 

Deku nodded his head and mumbled,"All right." He threw the rock, however it it an immovable object a hundred yards away. There was a strangle ripple under the force."You were planning on me dying weren't you ?"

"Not necessarily. That's nearly impossible."

Deku walked to the ripple in the air. He knocked a balled fist against it. It was stout, and bruised his hand.

"You can't beat your way in here."

Deku asked,"Is that a challenge or the truth ?"

The voice answered unamused,"Something tells me you don't care."

Deku punched the ripple."Not really." The ripples increased, but at the cost of his fingers. They shattered under the impact."Dammit !"

"Even if you do make it in here; what will be the cost ? You can't hoist it without your fingers."

Deku punched the ripple with the same hand. His fingers shattered more, but this time they were accompanied by his knuckles.  The ripples became numerous and lively."I know," wheezed Deku."Which is why I'm going to do this with one hand." He punched it again. And again. And again.

The ripples ended. Deku cupped his hand. Bone was crumbled and blood leaked from his fingertips, but despite that he smiled. He looked at the temple before him. The marble was spotless, and shrines of those he fought beside stood outside. He looked at the pillar, which stood proudly. He walked up the steps and pushed on the door. It did not open, and shook violently as he continued to push on it.

"Stop Midoryia ! This is a sacred temple; the only one that hasn't been desecrated by either demon or man !"

Deku raised his broken hand."I'm dying, so you do you think I give a damn." His eyes were unrelenting and burning with fire. He then laughed grimly,"My right hand may be shattered, but I'm sure its got a few good swings left in it."

So this story is something. It sort of has a cult following, and despite its reads has as big of a fan base as Complete with you. I love this story, truly I do. At the moment, I am trying to turn it into a book. Yes, a full-fledged novel. The novel is a combination of this and Damned. Its an interesting piece of work and the best I've ever put together. Originally, because of that I was no longer going to work on this, but truly they are very different. Similarities exist, and well I'm quite confident in it. Anyways, I kinda want to talk about Wattpad. So I struggle to post because it's so different from real, professional writing. The novel is very professional and easy to write on because the world is mine. I can do whatever and you know what, its all right because I created it ! So this has caused me to try making wattpad chapters about 3K words long but that's just  not possible. Recently, something occurred to me, the two are just different styles of writing. This isn't professional, and I can toy around with things here. So I would appreciate if you were to tell me the ideas you love and hate. When creating something, what matters is not the publisher but your audience, because they're the ones purchasing the product. So tell me so far what you like and hate about this story. I'll give the comments a check and make a note for the novel. Anyways, maybe I'll update this Sunday who knows.