Chapter Nine

Deku walked down the street in the night and causally looked at the street lamps in the town. The man was in no rush and talked to himself as he walked."Stupid Ochaco running out when I want to get some sleep. I don't get that damn girl, she calls me trouble, but then runs out and does dumb stuff like this. What the hell does she think she's doing going after a mob by herself; she probably can't even tie her shoelaces without falling on her face."

.....

Ochaco stood outside of the small building on the outskirts of the town and looked at the place. The home was small and surrounded by eerie trees unlike the cozy town she was previously in. The house was more of a small cottage with a modest stone chimney and a few small window panes. What do I do now ? I really should've thought this through. A crow squeaked above Uraraka and the sound spooked the woman. She jumped back into the abdomen of a bulky man. She slowly turned her head and looked up to see the familiar man from the cafe and the street. Ochaco rolled out of the way as the man tried to grab a hold of her."Why do you do it !"

The man's long hair fell over his dull orange eyes as he glared at Ochaco."What the hell are you doing kid ?"

"Why do you take advantage of these people !"

The man reached down and placed his hand on a log."Because there is no-one to stop us." The wood from the log slowly shifted its shape and turned into multiple stakes. Uraraka realized she had made a mistake once he launched the projectiles in her direction. The girl fell to the ground and the wooden weapons zipped over her head."You have heart I'll give you that." As he inched closer to Ochaco the woman kicked him in the leg and crawled between his legs."Damn bitch !", groaned the man.

Ochaco had an opportunity to run, but something in her wouldn't allow it, she wanted to stop this guy. Him and the mob were taking advantage of people and she knew that taking down the organization would be impossible that night, but one small deed would give her a sense of joy that maybe peoples' suffering would be eased just a bit. She scrambled to her feet and ran at the man with her hands out. Her finger tips glowed pink as she neared him, but the criminal jumped to the side and Ochaco fell to the ground. The dirt flew into the air and Ochaco landed on her stomach. That did not go as she had hoped it would.

"You've got heart kid, but sometimes that's not enough to win in this world." The man tucked his hand into his pocket and placed two fingers on a ball of iron. He then formed a blade with the metal and cliched it in his fist. He raised the blade and tried to plunge it into Ochaco's back but instead it caught on something else, a man's hand.

"You're an Idiot I hope you know that," chortled Deku to the woman on the ground.

"Deku !", exclaimed Ochaco. He did not focus on Uraraka but instead shot the orange-eyes man a deathly glare.

"You were gonna kill her weren't you !" The green-haired man yanked his hand to the side and the sliver of metal flew from his opponent's hand. The large man took a swing at Deku, but he effortlessly ducked below it."You've got quite the quirk there; I'm guessing that's what happened to that poor old man's counter." Deku smashed his elbow into the gut of the man and caused the man's rib cage to crack. 

The mobster fell to the ground and wiped the blood leaking out of his mouth."So you really are him, you're the guy the regime wants," chuckled the man.

Deku looked at the man on the ground and gave him a kick to the jaw."What's it mean to you ?"

The man wobbled to his feet and placed his hand to his chin."They know you're here; I gave em a call."

Deku's green eyes instantly left the man and he looked at Ochaco. The woman saw for the first time the man loose his confident aura, it was replaced by fear. He backed up and stood in front of Ochaco with his hands raised."Stay behind me no matter what !"

"Wh-What's goin' on Deku ?"

"Just stay behind me !"

"W-Why ?"

"Just say yes dammit !"

The thug was now standing tall and laughing, but his smile quickly faded as a piercing sound filled the night. The man's face froze in shock and he fell backwards. Ochaco was shocked by that, but it was nothing compared to seeing a dagger appear out of nowhere and penetrate Deku's shoulder. He didn't even groan in pain when it hit, instead he stood in front of Ochaco with his fist clinched and back pressed against her.

The two watched as a figure jumped from one of the tall trees and landed feet from Deku. The strange man wore a long, thick, dark jacket that fell past his feet and kissed the ground. The man also wore baggy black pants and stared directly at Deku and Ochaco.

Uraraka's heart stopped a she stared at the man, he looked like a carbon copy of Deku. There were only subtle differences between the two. The odd man's face did not have the same friendly freckles as Deku and his eyes were much darker. The crimson red made Ochaco's blood freeze and his hair was dark much like Deku's, but it lacked the same green highlights. The man spoke sadistically slow with a demonic smile."How many years has it been Izuku ?"

Deku's veins in his neck popped and his eyes began to shimmer a bright green as he yelled,"You're gonna have to kill me to get to her !"