Chapter Fourteen

Ochaco rubbed her face as she woke up. She let out a yawn and looked around. Sun poured through the wide entrance to the temple and the sounds of chirping birds could be heard. Uraraka stood up and searched for Deku. The man had fallen asleep by her last night, but now he was nowhere to be found. The girl walked out of the marble construction and stood at the top of the stairwell. She looked down in disbelief at a sweaty Deku on the ground doing push-ups."Deku !" She cocked a curious eyebrow when the man did not respond and walked down the steps. She was a foot from the man and he still had not taken notice of her. Uraraka nudged the man with her foot and he finally looked up."What are you doin' ?"

"It's called exercising; you should try it sometime."

"Wh-Wha-Ahhh, you're such a tool you know that ! Every time I start to like you; ya go and act like a complete jerk !"

Deku stopped his routine and stood up. He looked down at Ochaco with choleric expression as he snapped,"I have things to worry about besides your opinion of me."

"Like ?"

"Getting stronger, so the farther north we get the less I have to worry about you."

"Then teach me how to fight !", suggested Uraraka.

Deku rolled his eyes and scoffed,"Teach you how to fight, that's ridiculous."

"What's so ridiculous about it ? You don't think I'm capable do you ?"

"No. You already stick your nose where it shouldn't be, and if you could fight who knows how much trouble you'd get yourself into."

Ochaco took a swing at Deku and the man tilted his head to the side."You missed." She tried to hit him again, but she whiffed just like the last time."That's strike two." Ochaco tried to punch him a third time, but instead of just dogging the attack Deku caught her by the wrist."Three strikes and you're out." He then pulled Ochaco near his face and looked into her brown eyes."Not even for a second did you take a step back and analyze me. You should always look for a weakness in your opponent." He then shoved Ochaco onto the ground and gazed at her as she stood up.

"Round two !"

Deku facepalmed and let out a huff."You just can't listen." Ochaco ran at him and the man stepped to the side and tripped her."You're tough, but trust me that won't always win a fight. You'll have to refine your technique to become a respectable fighter."

.....

"Always try your best to find a weakness in your opponent. Look for a sign that tells you they're favoring that side or trying their best to shield it from you. What is my Achilles heel ?"

Ochaco studied Deku and looked at him unsure of what to answer, but then her face began to glow with a sense of realization."You're side, the one where you got stabbed."

Deku teased,"That's ruthless to go after my side."

"Go for the kill, isn't that what you've been preaching for the past three hours ?"

"I never thought a softie like you would be so heartless."

"I'm always in the mood to kick your ass Deku," grinned Ochaco.

"I think you're getting a little full of yourself."

"I'm tryin' to get the whole Deku vibe goin' with the cocky attitude and the mouth that never stops runnin' ."

"You're not good looking enough to get away with that mentality."

Ochaco teased,"You think I'm pretty, but you're too afraid to admit it."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"Lets make a deal."

"A deal," laughed Deku.

"Yeah, a deal. If I knock you on that ass of then you've have to admit how you think I'm pretty."

"You're not gonna even land a hit on me."

"Are ya scared ?"

"That's not going to work on me."

"Do you worried about loosing to a girl, will that ruin your image ?"

"I'll make the deal on one condition, if I win then you have to stop playing hero."

"Deal !"

"Are you sure about that; you're risking a lot more than me ?"

Ochaco ran her foot across the ground and kicked grass into the air. Deku smiled as she continued to improve , but he was not going to let Ochaco have this one easily. The girl tried to punch him in his wounded side, but Deku disappeared from her sight. As Uraraka's arm followed through with the punch Deku reappeared and grabbed her arm. He had a tight grip on her and leaned next to her. He whispered into her ear,"You're pretty, I'll give you that." Ochaco's face flushed and her focus broke. Deku took advantage of the moment and tossed her on the ground.

Ochaco rolled on the grass and spat out the soil that flew into her mouth. Deku looked at her and jabbed,"You lost you're focus over six words; how do you ever expect to beat a much more dangerous opponent if you can be thrown off your game with a single sentence ?"

"Let's go again, I'll win this time !"

"We're done for the day. Go in the lake and bath, I don't want the temple smelling while I try to sleep."

"Deku !"

The man stopped as he approached the temple."What do you want ?"

"Di-Did you mean what you said ?"

"Have I ever lied to you ?"

"N-No."

"Well then you have you're answer."