Chapter Thirteen

Deku had fallen behind Ochaco after hours of marching through the thick forest . The man's side continued to ache and he desperately needed to rewrap his body. He watched the girl ahead of him closely as she took an abrupt stop. Deku glanced at her curious  and broke into a jog to catch up to Uraraka.

Ochaco stood at an opening in the forest and looked at the beautiful sight ahead of her. The land before her was flat and a beautiful green. The grass was short and seemed to have been recently cut. She tried to shield her eyes from the bright sun as she looked up. The fiery star was still going strong and the clear sky did not do much to weaken its heat. She looked back down at the alluring scenery and spotted a marble temple. The roof of the temple was held up by many tall, strong columns. As she fawned over the erection she noticed a large lake behind the building. The sun reflected in the water and small ripples were visible in the crystal like liquid. Ochaco could not help herself and gasped,"Wow."

Deku came to a stop next to her and looked at the same scene."I didn't no those things still existed."

"The temple ? I didn't even know they were a thing !"

"There use to be a lot more of them thousands of years ago, but as the belief in mythology began to dwindle so did their needs, and the people that owned them thought that turning them into tourist attractions was the best thing to do with them."

The duo stepped out of the forest and began to walk along the soft field."What did people use them for ?"

"Prayers mostly, it was where people would come if they were a tough spot. They believed that these were the only places where the Gods heed their prayers, hence why people built them so long ago. It was a sanctuary for them, kinda like a safe space."

"That's so cool, I've never seen anything so pretty."

"I wouldn't get your hopes up. Most of these places haven't aged well on the inside and you'd be lucky if two statues are still in tact."

.....

Ochaco walked up the large set of marble stairs to the temple, but Deku stopped as he stepped on the first. When his foot connected with the rock he felt a rush through his body."Deku are ya comin' in ?"

"Y-Yeah, I-I just zoned out for a second."

"Dummy."

He walked up the stairs and stood next to Ochaco. The building did not have a door, but instead a large opening that a hordes of people could walk through. The pair walked into the temple and Ochaco let out a gasp. Both her and Deku looked at the persevered insides of the temple. In the middle of the spotless marble floor stood a ginormous statue of a man holding earth on his back. His face looked at the floor and an untamable mess of hair sat atop his head. Uraraka looked up and marveled at the painting above on the ceiling. The image depicted five men battling an army of demons and leading the daemons was a large man. His face was not visible, but the armor he wore alone made him terrifying."It's in good shape Deku !", gushed Ochaco.

"It is."

Ochaco ran from the entrance and to one a wall. She jumped in the air in excitement and looked at the ginormous statue of a bearded man. The man towered over at least four feet over her and she looked at each detail closely. The wrinkled robe that the man wore and opened up around his chest. The statue's defined muscles and the detailed veins carved into it. "That was the king."

Ochaco pointed to the statue."This guy ?"

"Yeah, he was the big dog, the leader of everything. Nothing happened in the heavens without his permission and if it did, he would never take kindly to it. He was known for at times being a compassionate leader, but that was bullshit. He ruled with an iron thumb and you never wanted to get on his bad side."