Chapter 19-The Dark Diamond

After some darkness shenanigans,
the group found their way to Master Eon.He was in the academy's library,looking through books.He managed to notice the group before they even said a word."Skylanders?You've returned from those rifts?"he asked."How'd you know we were in here?"asked Tails.Eon had heard."Your shoes are fairly loud on this floor."He said."Fair point,but we need your help."the fox explained everything.Eon didn't seem to like the info that much."It seems that something's spreading the darkness...but it doesn't have an obvious source.It could be one thing."Master Eon stated."What Is It?"asked Spyro as he paced around in a very impatient manner."A Darkness Diamond has formed nearby.It has much power and it must be the source of all this darkness about."Eon said."Skylanders,you must find this diamond.Bring it back and we can deal with it through magic."Eon continued.
"Sounds like a plan,but won't it be hard to find?"asked Tails.The question hit Eon."You aren't wrong..however,the diamond itself emits a small whispering sound from time to time.Use that to your advantage when finding it."Master Eon explained."Don't worry Master Eon,We'll find it." Camo said.The three eventually left.They started to travel,until they ran into Drobot and Chip,who were relieved to see them."Tails...you're alive?!"Chip had yelled."Yeah buddy.I'm still around."the fox replied happily as he hugged his friend.Drobot seemed very happy to see him too."If you don't mind me asking,but where are you going?" asked Drobot."We're going to find what's causing all this darkness.Can you watch Chip while we're gone?"Tails asked him while looking over at Spyro and Camo."Affirmative.Come chip,let's return to the house."the dragon said.Chip climbed back on top of Drobot and the two went back to the house.Then the other three went on their way.As they followed the strange sounds and whispers,things started to get more weird and creepy.Camo started to seem very worried about the dangers of finding the source."So what do we do when we find it again?"asked Spyro.It was a small gust of wind."We have to take it to Master Eon."Tails said as he pushed against the wind."Alright,let's just find it fast."said Camo.After walking for what seemed like two hours,the group came up on a cave.The sounds and whispers were very loud now,which meant they must've been close.As they started to enter,the group heard a loud bang.Confused,Tails looked around to see what could have caused it.He didn't see anything,so he went back to his friends."I think the diamond's in here."Tails said.It was almost impossible to see,but two lights appeared.They seemed to look like a car's light as they scanned the room.Looking over the fox and the dragons,it soon focused on the diamond,which was in the middle of the room.A claw had appeared,trying to grab the diamond.While Tails found an idea on who it was,Camo went to grab the diamond."Wait!I don't think you should try to grab it right now!"Spyro said,trying to stop Camo.But it was too late,the claw had grabbed both Camo and the diamond.The machine locked Camo and the Dark Diamond into a small compartment.Tails figured out who it was.It was Dr.Eggman!He squinted and saw him.Tails took Spyro's paw."We've gotta go.Now."Tails said as he headed for the cave exit.Spyro followed soon after."He's going to use that against us.We've gotta get back and warn Eon."the fox continued."Can't you just use the wench?"Spyro asked."Not while Camo's captured in there.."Tails replied.The two rushed back to the academy.While going back,it wasn't any darkness around anymore."There isn't any darkness Spyro.This must've been from the diamond being taken.We have to tell Eon."Tails said."I'll tell Eon!You've gotta tell the others."Spyro said as he was about to fly off.Tails ran towards Spyro's house.Once he got there,he wondered what he would tell them.He walked inside and saw Drobot lying down on the couch with Chip,and Sonic was nearby.The fox went over to the couch."Alright...so...We've got a little problem on our hands.." he said.Drobot studied him."The problem is?"The mechanical dragon asked."It's Dr.Eggman.He managed to get here and he has Camo and the diamond we were looking for..."Tails said.Chip seemed upset."Well we have to do something.Who knows what he could be doing to poor Camo?"Chip said with a brave look on his face.Sonic knew that Eggman would probably do something like that."Yeah.If we get a chance to find him,let's just take it."The hedgehog said as he looked at Tails and Chip.Tails was worried.He thought about what could be happening to him right now.

Meanwhile...

It was dark.A little chilly as well.It was a while before Camo had woke up,since he'd fallen asleep earlier.His eyes slowly opened.He quickly noticed that he was strapped to some sort of table.He couldn't move that well either.Soon,he heard a small laugh.It was eggman."Well...it seems that you got in the middle of my plan.I intended to take the diamond to destroy sonic and his friends once for all,but I have better measures."He said while walking around the table.Camo was confused."Wha..what do you mean?Let me go!"Camo had yelled at him.Dr.Eggman walked over to a control panel.A large laser was above Camo,and he didn't like it.He saw something on the corner of his eye.It was the dark diamond being used to power the entire thing.The doctor pressed a button and it started to charge up."Hey!Y-you,I'll get you!Just you wait.When I get out of here,all of them are going to get you,and you'll be sent down the bitter path!"Camo said as the laser fired.It electrocuted him fiercely.Soon after,his body was pulsing with dark energy.It was quiet after,but Dr.Eggman seemed pleased."I'm going to use you to destroy them."Eggman said as he unstrapped his new weapon."Yeah..."Camo said as he started to laugh mysteriously."I want to get them all..."he continued as he disappeared into the darkness...