Chapter 20-Their Final Task

Hours had passed.Two to be exact.Tails continued to be worried about his green friend.It was relatively quiet around the area,but the fox and the hedgehog knew their enemy would attack at any time.There was a knock on the door.Tails went to answer it.There was Eon.
"Skylanders...I feel a very dark presence nearby.I'm positive that it's the dark diamonds power.I know that you were unable to get it.Spyro informed me."He said as he paced around the room.Spyro flew in a while later."Guys...I saw something weird going on.I think Dr.Eggman's back and he's up to something."the dragon said as he pointed outside.Drobot was the first to get up.Everyone was out eventually,and it seemed to smell like smoke nearby.Chip knew that something was up.The group headed towards the area while Eon headed back to the academy.When they got there,it was a giant wall blasted into a small building that seemed like some sort of bookstore.Knowing that danger could still be around,Tails took caution and armed himself with the Hydra Wench.While looking through the wreck,he didn't see anyone that needed help.Then he heard Eggman's laugh."Well...if it isn't Sonic the hedgehog..."he said while he smiled an evil smile.Sonic didn't seem happy."Where's Camo?We know you have him."Sonic said as he took a fighting stance.Eggman let out a chuckle.A few seconds later, Camo walked out from the remains of the building.Tails was pretty confused on how he didn't see him while searching,but he didn't think on it for long.Camo smiled an evil smile."Hello..my friends..."He said as he walked in front of Eggman."What have you done Dr.Eggman?!"Chip said.He wasn't happy to see Camo like that."I'm sure we all know what's going to happen here."Tails said as he look at the wrench.Drobot examined Camo.He'd been pulsing with much power.He was more dangerous in this form.It came to his attention that this battle could be deadly."Looks like we'll have to beat you again."The blue hedgehog said.After he finished his sentence,a rift had opened in the sky and a familiar robot had fell through,landing next to Tails.He had no reaction to it though.Spyro knew who it was.The robot opened up and out came Gabriel and Nana.They had some weapons with them as if they predicted this to have happened."We saw something going on with the rift back home,so we were curious to see what was going on."Nana said as she looked at Camo."For once and for all,I will destroy you sonic the hedgehog!"Eggman said as Camo went to attack.The once green dragon knew he was outnumbered.He sent out some purple firecracker vines,splitting most of them up.As Gabriel and Nana easily regrouped,they asked each other about what happened to Camo.Drobot was flying around Camo.He tried to attack him,but Camo leaped towards him,knocking him out of the air."Spread it.He told me.." Camo whispered.He scratched Drobot,leaving a black pulsing scratch mark on him.He quickly turned around and saw Tails.He darted at him,but the fox thought fast by jumping over him and hitting him with the wrench.Camo,being knocked back had a strange glow in his eyes.Gabriel rushed at him and attacked him with some sort of wooden stick.Camo caught his stick with his mouth and broke it in half."All of you..."he mumbled again.He swung his tail and knocked him over.Sonic came running towards Eggman.He jumped and did a homing attack on him,making him spin around in the air.Camo scratched Gabriel and went towards Chip.Drobot was feeling tired,but he knew that Camo was trying to scratch all of them.Chip,being scared didn't put up that much of a fight.Before Camo attacked him though,he put some type of light shield around him.Camo couldn't get through it,so he tried going for someone else."Too long..this is taking too long...."he said as he walked around creepily.He burrowed into the ground as Sonic and Eggman continued to battle.Camo came back up a while later,and melons came with him.They sprouted then exploded.They hit almost everyone,except for Eggman and Nana.Dr.Eggman let out a crazy laugh.Nana looked Camo in the eyes."Camo...look at yourself..."She said."Look at what you're doing.."Nana continued as she looked at everyone else.They had been weakened by the marks Camo left on them.Nana walked over to Camo and dropped her weapon.Camo looked at her and didn't feel as vicious anymore.He knew he had hurt his friends,but he was feeling tired and the diamond's power was wearing out.He smiled at Nana.A glow appeared in his eyes slowly as he started to growl.Nana fell backwards as she thought he was going to attack her,but he turned around and looked at Eggman.
"You...did this..."Camo said as he pointed at him."You did this to me!"Camo ran toward him and leaped into the air.Dr Eggman couldn't control him as his egg mobile went out of control.Camo, out of rage,managed to destroy the entire control panel with a couple of scratches.The mobile finally went down and exploded.Nana got up and went over to where they landed.Everyone else started to feel better as their marks slowly started to disappear.Gabriel ran to his sister."Nana..are you okay?"He asked as he hugged her."I'm okay,and it seems like Camo is too."She said as she saw him get up slowly.Spyro noticed Master Eon approaching and went over to him."Hey Eon...we uh..."Spyro mumbled.Eon guided him back to the others.Master Eon saw Camo.He approached him."That diamond's power...to be used like this.Skylanders,you have done a good job stopping Camo before it got out of hand.I can take him from here."Eon said as he picked Camo up.Nana went over to him."Hey mister...what's going to happen with Camo?"she needed to know."I'll put him through proper care.He needs to return to normal again.The darkness has consumed him and it needs to be taken care of."Eon said with a smile at the end.Nana waved goodbye as he walked away and turned to look at everyone else."I guess this is it.."Tails said.Gabriel pulled out a remote and pressed a button on it.A rift appeared behind Sonic."This'll take you home.Tails managed to lose some fur and I managed to track your world through it."Gabriel said.Tails smiled and looked at the wrench.
"Thanks for this.."Tails said."But we've gotta get going."he continued.Sonic waved and went through the rift,followed by Chip.Tails gave one final wave and departed.

The end.
Almost.