34

Jayda POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and was about to get ready to go to my mama's house

I know Herb told me not to go but this nigga put his hands on MY sister and I'm not about to let him get away with it.
I got up and put my shoes on, but right when I slipped my first one on he woke up.
"Jayda lay back down bro."

"No. He gon learn his lesson Herb."

"Jayda you are PREGNANT! What don't you get? If that nigga see you he gon beat you too! Lay yo a** back down! I'm not letting you go."

Then I got an attitude because who he think he yelling at?

"Herb you can stop getting loud FIRST of all! And second of all you would do the same sh*t if it was your situation!"

He sighed and tried to call himself down..

"Jayda can you just listen to me? I told you I got this handled already. You not bouta go to jail over this nigga so sit down."

I sighed and just gave up trying to argue cuz I wasn't gonna win. I walked out of the room and went to go check on Maya she was still up with her earbuds in.

"Hey boo what you doin up?"

"Can't sleep. Plus you and Herb woke me up with your arguing."

"I'm sorry pooh. He just got me f*cked up right now."

"But is he wrong? You don't need to go back to mama's house , because then he's gonna hurt you and then that could possibly hurt the baby & I know that's the last thing you'd want."

I sighed "yea you right. I just wanted to protect you, because you didn't deserve to be beaten & mama ain't even do nothing about it."

"I'm fine now that I'm here with you sis & Rob brainwashed mama she care more about him than us. She not even the same. I can't wait till daddy get out and he can whoop his a**."

I laughed "same boo." I gave her a kiss on her forehead "now get some sleep. Love you."

"Love you too."

Herb was right...I was just too stubborn to listen to him.